loooowrider

Discussion in 'Motorized Recumbents' started by psuggmog, May 11, 2007.

1. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

Here is a picture of a bike frame I built around 1995. I have been thinking of motring it, but where to put the motor? mid frame is out, rear mount/ that would put the engine right by my ear. electric? too short range and too heavy, front wheel? heavy steering. Maybe a motored pusher trailer.
    [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Looks like something out of a Salvador Dali painting!

3. Butch

Butch Guest

Similar to my recent build except you don't have room for the motor. It may not be the coolest lookin bike but it is a very comfortable ride.

[​IMG]
    I guess if it was me I'd put a rear mount engine on your recumbent. The noise of the R/S motor really isn't too bad.

[​IMG]

I gotta get these bikes painted one of these days but I'm havin too much fun ridin.

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Nice designs, guys.....

Have I mentioned how much I like the bents ?

[​IMG]

how can I motor up this 20" rear wheel & make it run 30 mph?

a motored trailer? hmmmmm... :idea: ....let's talk, guys.

5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

darn zombie heads all over the place!
    nice Meridian, I've built that one also (sold it on ebay for 675.00 last year)
    right now i'm building a trike for Brad to put up on the site, I've also built the delta wolf,overkill (witch I'm going to put a 70cc motor and a jackshaft on) and 3 kyotos( I rent them out to the snowbirds in the winter time here)

for those of you that are wondering what I'm talking about check out www.atomiczombie.com

6. sojudave

sojudave Guest

so that's what happened to the Cat in the Hat's bicycle. JK. That thing looks crazy, is it hard to ride?

7. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Cool BikeE! They used to make those in a nearby town.

Dan

8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

hey psuggmog....did you ever build a pusher?

9. sensationpdx

sensationpdx Member

I have built a pusher... check out my thread in the "Wild In The Streets" section.

Attached Files: