Losing weight

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Simonator, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Anyone else trying to lose weight?
    I lost almost 20 lbs in about a month and a half. I mainly just cut back on fast food and beer. Then I started to get real strict on my diet. I think I wasn't eating enough. I stopped losing weight. My body probably thought I was starving it. I gave the diet a break for 5 days, and lost another good 5 lbs. I was around 280lbs. Yesterday I weighed 261. I get weighed twice a week on a professional scale. I am going to try to lose at least another 30 lbs. I tell you what, My bike seems to accelerate faster just by losing 20 lbs!

My before and after pictures:

BEFORE:
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/jsimon83/1122080416.jpg?t=1236718710

AFTER:
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/jsimon83/notasfat.jpg?t=1236718732

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

wow Josh -- looking at your pictures -- that's a very noticeable difference !!!
    you are doing the right THING -- may lead to a longer life !!!

I have been varying 5 lbs one way or the other day to day
    now the varying has stopped -- Iam the 5lbs heavier full time now
    it's not a beer belly -- don't drink beer -- too much milk -- milk belly ??

keep doing what you are doing as you ride the motor bike THING

3. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

Ilost about 60 pounds riding my bike the old fashioned way plus cut back on calories and only thing I gave up is fast food way more energy since that and regular soda. Though I still drink it from time to time. Best way to loose it though is just keep the calories down and exercise more it takes a lot of work but so worth it. I think the thing that helped me is not owning a scale I new I lost the punds when my jeans started falling down.
    Good luck with it Keep it up.

4. POPS

POPS Member

Josh
    You really do look a lot better. Keep up the good work! Your heart/body will thank you for it!

Mountainman
    If your looking to lose weight take a look at the Atkins diet. All protein to start with. I downloaded the diet a few years ago. I followed it to the letter and lost 17lbs in 2 weeks. I had to go off it because I reached my target weight. I just watched what I ate after and the weight stayed off...POPS

5. Simonator

Simonator Guest

thanks

I am going to start that diet as soon as I eat up all my bread.

6. POPS

POPS Member

And throw your sugar away. One thing that is a hassle is trying to buy stuff without sugar...That stuff is in everything!! Anything in the ingredients that ends in (ose) is sugar based and the higher up in the list of ingred. it is means the more of it that is in it.EG:glucose. If you drink switch to vodka which is the only alcohol with out sugar and use crystal light for mix. Buy a scale if you don't have one and weigh your self daily at about the same time in the morning every day and write it on a calandar. It will give you incentive every day to see 1-3 pounds drop off. The true beauty of this diet is you never have to go hungry. You can have a 20 ounce steak at 3 in the morning and you are not breaking the rules! If you fall off the diet for a day EG: You go out for dinner, with in 3 days of following the program your back on track...Good luck...POPS

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  7. Simonator

Simonator Guest

260 lbs! WOO HOO! :punk:

8. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Good for you, Simonator!

About the only thing for me to add is the advice that you don't let others complicate this for you. Definitely don't pay anyone any money for your weight loss. And I also wouldn't worry very much about just which calories to cut.

To lose weight one needs only to cut calorie intake and increase the calories you burn.
    If anyone talks about cutting calories from fat, from sugar, from carbs, etc, then they're thinking too hard. Just cut calories in general.

For instance, I eat fast food a good deal more than I ought to. But when I do I simply order the smallest ( or close to it) item on the menu. I don't need fries or a drink. Certainly don't need a milkshake. (Though I'll order those things when I'm definitely short on food for the last day or so.) It's true that I'm not stuffed when I walk away, but I'm not hungry either. And that's what matters.

And your bike is the perfect exercise machine, of course. Why don't you just pedal on every trip until you just can't take it anymore? Then start your engine and cruise. You'll enjoy that a lot more than those folks who pay health club fees and go walk a treadmill during their precious free time.

9. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Get smaller plates!!! Last night on they showed you will feel happy with less food if the plate is smaller.

Stay away from prepared meals, they are low cal, but look at the amount of sodium. One usually contains 1/2 the the amount of sodium you should have in a whole day.

Our precious bikes have a big benny, unless you have a shift kit, even with the clutch in you are still spinning the second chain. Think of the extra calories you burn.

You don't ever want to weigh what I weigh, but be sensible

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

possible new thread -- what you all think ??????

that's cool Josh

I guess that bread is a weight gainner for us.....

I am also having a problem here around my waistline -- growing day by day

what do you all think about starting a new thread called

(((((((((( What I Didn't Eat Or Drink Today ))))))))))

so saying that I went or was planning to go that day without a candy bar
    my post may be something like this

well today as much as I wanted that large size Butter Finger -- I did't eat it !!

or -- I plan to eat no Butter Fingers today
    will check in with you all later and let you know how I did

what do you all think about a new thread such as mentioned ????

have fun today as you ride those things

11. spad4me

spad4me Member

Years ago I quit smoking .
    I gained weight because food tasted so much better.
    I also used food as a reward for not smoking.
    LOL
    At about 300 pounds I became borderline diabetic borderline congestive heart failure, high cholesterol, and on and on.

I tried bicycling.
    When you are that fat you don't bicycle very good.

I found motorized bicycling.
    Now I could go out and exhaust myself in a few miles.
    And still make it home.
    Instead of a boring spa.
    I ride my bike .
    About two hours a day.
    It has been about 15 months. My weight varies with the holidays LOL.
    From 300 to 180 back up to 200 up and down around 200 .
    I guess at my age I like 200. I used to be 160 about 20 yrs ago .

12. Simonator

Simonator Guest

yay 257 lbs

13. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Well, it wasn't a deliberate effect, but since cauterization of proliferating blood vessels in my kidneys Friday last I've lost 22 pounds. Almost all water weight put on in the last three months due to kidney problems. I could lose 30 pounds more of excess fluid, and hope that I do. I really don't want to start dialysis.

14. Simonator

Simonator Guest

15. Simonator

Simonator Guest

I am at 247 lbs! SWEET! I feel SO much better! My happy time is thanking me too. It doesn't have to work as hard.

Here is what i look like now...... I still got at least 20 lbs to go!

Attached Files:

16. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Good going, Josh.

I think I mentioned this in a previous post. But I'll say it again just to be safe.
    Get yourself a pedal bike as well and ride it. There is just no more enjoyable way to lose weight. It really is more fun than people think and you can eat whatever you want.

The way I do it is I ride my MB when there's just no choice about it. 95 deg and muggy, for instance. But when weather allows, I ride my pedal bike. The last few days were a good example. It was rainy and chilly. Pedaling in a rainsuit is mostly pretty miserable, so I rode the MB. But yesterday was dry, at least. So I rode the pedal bike.

You get both types of riding done, you can eat like a natural born pig, you're strong and you look your best.

Can't beat it.

17. bbb

bbb Member

Another method you could try:)

A man calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10 lb. weight
    loss program. The next day, there's a knock on the door and there
    stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed
    in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck.

She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company.
    The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me."

Without a second thought, he takes off after her.
    A few miles later huffing and puffing, he finally gives
    up. The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same
    thing happens. On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is
    delighted to find he has lost 10 lbs. as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/20 pound
    program. The next day there's a knock at the door and there
    stands the most stunning and beautiful woman he has ever
    seen in his life.

She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign
    around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me."

Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent
    shape and he does his best, but no such luck.

So for the next four days, the same routine happens with
    him gradually getting in better and better shape. Much to his delight on
    the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he
    has lost another 20 lbs. as promised.

He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order
    the 7-day/50 pound program.

"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone.
    "This is our most rigorous program."

"Absolutely, " he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years."

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he
    opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing
    nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads,
    "If I catch you, you are mine!!!"

He lost 63 pounds that week.

18. Simonator

Simonator Guest

/\ That is funny! Hahaha!

19. robin bird

robin bird Member

I THINK THE GUY IN THE SECOND PICTURE IS YOUR BROTHER !!! LOL

20. robin bird

robin bird Member

Right on i had blown my rear rim 2 days ago i used my other bike and wow i was out of shape so now iam going to peddle for 2 1/2 weeks because iam then going on a big mtorized trip