lots of spokes

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Stryker, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Stryker

Stryker Guest

Just finished the Build, now its fine tuning time before I fire it up. I need to trim a little off the fenders, put a spacer on the 36T sprocket and finish the lights. All in all I am pleased with my 1st build, but it still has to run before I can talk. I am taking my time and am learning a tone. Thanks to the web site I only pulled out a few hairs in the process.

Attached Files:

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

man, that is a pretty motoredbike...i can't wait to "hear" it fire-up :cool:
  3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Cool. Lotsa' chrome. Musta been a b**** fishing the nuts and bolts for the sprocket through all those spokes.
  4. Stryker

Stryker Guest

You have know idea, I feel like a heart surgeon
  5. Did you lose any spokes in the sprocket mount? Did all the bolts line up or did you have to leave some out?
    Man. That is a sweet bike.
  6. Scottm

Scottm Guest

My heart skipped a beat. What a great challenege and tremendous patience.
    That's a kick a** bike
  7. azbill

azbill Active Member

what a beauty !!!
    nice clean build dude
    congrats ! :D
  8. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

man that is just clean but will be dirty fast so have fun but sweat man
  9. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

awesome looking ride!
  10. Stryker

Stryker Guest

This one is only a 72 spoke wheel and not the 144, so I only had to drop a size in the bolts and I kept all my spokes. If you ordered your engine from Dacs his sprocket mount comes with the bigger hardware. They will not fit between the spokes, a trip to home depot to pick up smaller nuts bolts washers and lock washers and you are good to go. Then all you need is a couple pairs of needle nose pliers and a small hands. Luckily I have both. I never thought I would be glad to have small hands. haha. Oh I almost forgot, the 36 T sprocket I bought had smaller mounting holes than my 44T so I would have had to get smaller hardwear anyway.
  11. gauge

gauge Guest

that bike is to nice to ride alsome job man!!!!!!!!
  12. Jim H

Jim H Guest

She do look nice!
  13. Stryker

Stryker Guest

More Pics

More Pics,
    Ordered some new goodies and for the most part she is running smooth. Still breaking in the engine but It will run 30 mph with about 3/4 throttle. Added the boost bottle, the bent seat post, 48cc engine plate, oval mirrors and a motorcycle kill switch. The lights are all working great off of the white wire, granted they are not for night use but they do light up. haven't had any movement from the 36T sprocket even with the smaller mounting hardware. I also moved the boost bottle to the vertical bar just in front of where it is in the pic, I noticed that fuel vapor was pooling in the bottom of the bottle so I mounted it at a slant so the engine will suck all the vapor out when I poor the coals to it.. Made a big difference.

Attached Files:

14. azbill

azbill Active Member

good job
    all ties together nicely
    I am expecting the same set-back post to arrive today
  15. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Sweet ride! All the chrome is hurting my eyes! :grin:
  16. Stryker

Stryker Guest

The seat post makes it so much easier to pedal, before I felt like my knees were going to hit the handle bars.
  17. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

18. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

I really like those multispoke wheels and whitewalls positively send a thrill running down my spine. I put whitewalls on my 1947 Raleigh Ladies Sports bicycle recently even though it shouldn't really have them and I must say they looked soooooo nice :grin:
  19. jezusjonz

jezusjonz Guest

Hot bike Stryker....would love to ride it but HATE to clean it....lol. did ya name er yet?
  20. Hive

Hive Guest

You have entered the world of CF(crank forward) biking and know its benefits.