Engine Trouble Low power/no idle

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Rjb13074, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

I had just port matched and cleaned casting blemishes in my 66/80cc. Now wont idle and has low power. Revs well under no load. Seemd to be no vacume leak. Used all new gaskets. Has dilliato carb and boost bottle,new champion plug.

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

backtrack till you find your error

3. Start with the small stuff, cables wires etc work your way up. I always find its something small and obvious I have overlooked.

4. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

I found s

5. Good for you what was it

6. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

I found a small vacuum leak at the manifold to carb. Tightened slightly and now idles . Still low power but may be from 32:1 mix for break in.

7. That's awesome dude. Keep looking though if YOU have time. Start itcup ams always gumout all around. When it bogged there's your air leak

Rjb13074 likes this.
  8. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

I used a spray bottle and water to find the leak. If i use gumout,will the engine bog or will rpms go up at idle at a leak?

9. Soap is for cleaning spray any areas in all areas with gumoit ou as soon as it boggs or dies that's your leak 100% fool proof..
    Then inspect that conrction or gasket ETC.

10. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

You could use starter fluid or brake fluid
    (I always have that in my garage so that's what I use:))

11. They're both right I use starting fluid and you just spray it on the engine and whenever and wherever you spray it bugs or dies that's where your leak is. It does not have to be come out I was just using that as a generic term starting fluid is the best. You can do it in 30 seconds and find your leak. Send work it and correct your problems . Be back soon.
    WINDY CITY BOB.

Rjb13074 likes this.
  12. butre

butre Well-Known Member

whenever I decide I have an air leak I do one of two things:

use it as an excuse to tear the whole thing down and make whatever changes I've been thinking about for the past however many months, or use it as an excuse to have a cigarette. hold a cigarette near any suspected leak areas and look for smoke rushing towards the leak.

Rjb13074 likes this.
  13. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

Well,i just did the mods i wanted to do and i quit smoking 7 years ago although, i do vape and own an E-juice company.....vapor works great!

14. butre

butre Well-Known Member

vapor probably works better, it's easier to see. I've tried vaping, it just isn't for me. with a cigarette, the hurt is half the fun. plus, there just aren't many good tobacco flavored e-juices as far as I know. if someone would start selling an e-juice that tastes like perique, I'd be all over it

Rjb13074 likes this.
  15. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

We have 2 tobacco flavors that are kick ass in our line of flavors

16. Rjb13074

Rjb13074 New Member

Check is out on fb....klassicVapz E-liquids