Lower your Seat.

I love the claim on their ebay store:

I used to ride with no hands quite a bit, so I definitely used the horn to steer & I took wider turns too... but I just might have to try out that Park Bench seat.

Is there any other bike seat that's 14" or wider?? I doubt it, but I'm all ears.
I also like the comment on their website "specially made for our seniors"....so it's official,were all seniors......then why do we still act like little kids. ;)
I'm gonna give serious thought to this Scott cos it might be better than the one i had planned....has anyone tried it?

I can't lie... one ride & I'm already having second doubts about the Park Bench. I was riding home with something in my left hand, and I had to use the inside of my thigh to help me steer.

I dunno what to do. Somebody else, please buy the Park Bench and tell me if it's worth it or not.

I just resurrected MOOP

Oh wow it's comfy.
It's the most comfortable seat ever.
And no,padding is not necessary.
Here's that seat just painted with spray paint. I know. I should have sanded it down,primered bla bla bla but for now this will do. Picture 2.jpg This seat rack came from my Schwinn before it became Cronus. Here's a rear shot.Picture 3.jpg Here's MOOP with the old seat.Picture 4.jpg Notice how I got rid of that family breaker but now I'm seeing it's rather easy to remove the seat. I'll just replace the quick disconnects with hardware.
To raise the rack to get some clearance on the pedals I sawed off a gooseneck this bike originally came with. I didn't have to saw it off but it really looked funny...I should have not sawed it off.Picture 5.jpg
And the final product.Picture 6.jpg

I resurrected MOOP for Cronus is so nice,man,that I've been neglecting my first. Now on the rides where I'm not making any long stops I'll take MOOP along. And it seems to have a suspension! The clamp has a rubber bushing in it which is why I needed that gooseneck for without it the rack would slide down.

You know,I really don't think it looks all that bad.

Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
You asked for opinions Large so here's mine......i think it looks terrible.
Gross overkill on poor little MOOP..........good though that u like it & it's comfortable.

Yea but when your riding it and it was cold out so I had my coat,you couldn't tell...thanks to the coat..what seat I was sitting on.
What's cool is I can switch to my other seat in like 30 seconds.
But it's sooooooo comfortable.

My behind literally says AAAAHHHHHH.

You can hear it.

REALLY!

I gotta skoot a bit forward when peddling.

If I can find shorter cranks that should solve that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing is when cruising,my legs when rested on the pedals also has extra support from the seat. So it's like there's little weight on the pedals. The seat takes all the weight.
You can almost sleep.

Well I WAS thinking of getting farmer pants to take care of that bu** crack.
It just may work.

Back