Lurker from San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by domrvt, Apr 26, 2010.

1. domrvt

domrvt New Member

Hello MotoredBikes Forum,

Finally time to introduce myself. I've been on here for about two years and built an "80"cc beach cruiser. Did a few upgrades along the way like centrifugal clutch, slant head, upgraded hardware from SBP. The bike was decent but I was really craving a shift kit on a full suspension mountain bike.

Watching the threads here, the GT LTS looked like a great choice. I finally picked one up a month ago, then ordered the SBP HD shift kit, expansion chamber, and aif filter.

I started the new build this weekend, taking the motor off my beach cruiser. As always seems to happen when I mount or dismount this motor, one of the mounting studs broke off right at the engine. This has happened in the past and I was able to back it out with those reverse tapping drill bits. But this time the bit broke off in there too, again right at the engine. I spent half a day with a dremel and a drill trying to get that stuff out of there with no luck.

So I've had it with this chinese engine. I know I could probably salvage it and continue my build, but I think it's time to move on to something else. So thanks to everyone for the great info and stories, and sorry for being a lurker for so long.

Dominic

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Dom, welcome to Motoredbikes!