Mabuhay! I'm a motorized bike owner from the Philippines!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jeco, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Jeco

Jeco Member

Hello all,

I've been an owner of a motorized bike for about 3 weeks now. Tweaking here and there to make it run fine. Got the engine kit from an enthusiast/seller here in the Philippines.

Here is what I did with a cheap MB. Added a child seat infront, don't worry their legs are not too close on the engine. The seat is for my 3.6yr old son, with helmets when we go around.

I've been reading a bit on this site, it's certainly good to know more about these engines, on how they work and some tweaks and DIY things.

Mabuhay!!
    Jeco

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010

2. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Welcome Aboard, Nice looking bike... I spent a few weeks in the PI Mindanao specifically in 2000, I remember seeing motorcycles with 4 or 5 people riding on them, I dont think youll have a problem with the one seat.

Cheers

3. Jeco

Jeco Member

Hi chainmaker..never been to Mindanao =) but seen those rides on TV, dangerous transport indeed.

Thanks for welcoming me.

4. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Como Esta, Jeco! Mabutei...or Na Imbag? My wife is Hawaii-born Visayan.

Nice ride, and a good start into motor bicycling. You might want to install footrests clamped onto the frame for your son.:idea:

I visited Manila on R&R in 1968, stayed at the world-famous Manila Hotel for $50/night.

I still remember the city's billboard signs:

"Balut! The chicken of tomorrow served today!"

5. Jeco

Jeco Member

Hi 5-7Heaven...I am mabuti(fine)...sorry i dont speak Visayan =)

It actually does have a footrest for my kid, and another pair for my wife, haha!

1968! so long time ago...funny billboard sign...delicious balut...tasted it?

Thanks and Mabuhay!

6. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

The guy I was with tried to get Me to try one of those..No Thank You

7. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

I was buddied up with a black guy on R&R. We visited my relative's house on Malaya Street. A vendor stopped by, my black friend tried one and convinced me to sample it.

Tasted okay with many beers. It tasted like a giant egg yolk....except for the toenails.:detective:

That was the first and last time I tried it:sweatdrop:.

I can eat Filipino food twice a day, every day. My favorites are mongo beans with paria, pork gisantes, chicken papaya, pansit, shrimp sarisari, dinaguan. For dessert(timot), bodbod, suman, cancaneng, banana lumpia and hallow hallow.

Jeco, where does your wife sit? A tandem motorized bike might work very well in the Philipines.:idea:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  8. Jeco

Jeco Member

I try not to look at it when I eat it...there are some eggs/balut that are overly developed than the others....thus the toenails =)

I tried the bike once with my wife sitting on the front seat, using the lower footrest. The engine was strong enough for two average Filipino, I am 5'8 ans wife is 5'6. Tandem bike is a good idea!

9. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

They also have that "tag along" attachment(not Tagalog, lol) that clamps onto the bike seat tube. It's like another bike with the handlebar and fork missing. You can keep your motorized bike as is, then clamp on the "tag along" when you need extra passenger accomodations.:idea:

10. Jeco

Jeco Member

Tag-along..seen a couple of those thru google, nice idea.

Seems you like a lot of our dishes...very nice!

11. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Don't forget pinacbet and bibingca!

Yummy!

12. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

13. Jeco

Jeco Member

@5-7heaven
    You're getting me hungry here hehehe!

@occchopperfl
    Hi Pare!
    Nice trailer, not sure if we have that locally. Looks scary for me to have my kid behind me, not seeing him at all while on the road. Traffic here is crazy, we don't have any bike paths too.

Kare-kare...one of my fav too. We usually have that on Fiestas.

Thanks!

14. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

15. Jeco

Jeco Member

Thanks GearNut!

16. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Jeco, keep your son in the front seat, and your asawa(spouse) on the tagalong.

Your wife is tall. Average Filipina in Hawaii is 5'1"-5'2". My wife is 5'2", one daughter is 5', another 5'4". I'm 5'8", son is 5'10".

Tell us more about your bike and engine.:detective:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
  17. triggerman

triggerman New Member

Hello Jeco, Jerald here......I am on my way today to Ayala Alabang Village to check the motorized bicycle I installed few months ago (installed 4 units of 60cc into mtb) These are American guys living in the village and they are very exited riding and roaming around their village. I will also install with the the speedometer just like with you, for them to monitor their speed and kilometer run.....Hope we can have our first Philippine Motorized Bicycle Rally soon....

18. Jeco

Jeco Member

hi Jerald, nice to have you here. I've learned a lot here about our engines, tips and tricks.
    That will be awesome to ride with you guys, I've never seen a bike with an engine like mine here in my place yet. Excited to ride to have our first rally soon.

@5-7heaven, sorry for this so so late reply. My engine is an HT 49cc, bought it from triggerman above.

What I've seen here in this site I've applied to my bike like clutch cover dampener, rubber between the fins, clutch arm adjusted angle, maintenance and all.

Jerico

19. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Como esta, Jeco,

Good that you have others to ride with!

My good friend Hawaii Ed runs a Happy Time engine with shift kit. He is very fast, over 50mph! My GP460 5+hp engine runs through a shift kit. Not as fast as Ed's, but has excellent acceleration.:devilish:

We have another friend Rick. He runs a rear Staton drive with twin Honda engines. I sold him a 460 engine, so he runs that with Staton drive too.

20. jandy

jandy Guest

where can i buy that kind of engine here in metro manila?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2016