Machined up my first Friction Mount

bird_e

Local time
7:09 PM
Hello all,

I have been lurking on this site for over a year now and decided to finally sign up and post. Last summer (2008) I machined up a friction mount system that is very similar to the ones sold elsewhere on the internet. I put this on a Schwin Clear Creak with a Subaru 35 4 stroke. It has worked mint and put about 600 miles on it. I build another one for my Dad and he now also rides with a Subaru 35 friction drive. I began having problems with my motor cutting out on full throttle and couldn't sort them out. So I purchased a DAX 50 titan motor and bolted that up. It has been working mint ever since.

I have a small hobby machine shop in my basement, Lathe and Small CNC bench top mill. If anyone needs any custom parts or machine work please ask..
Bob

Hello and welcome to MBC. Nice intro, glad the bikes are working out for you and your dad. Ride safe and enjoy!

Yeah eastwoodo4,

I think you were just lookin' for somewhere to use that GIF...

Seriously though Bob,

We would all love to see some pictures of your shop built friction drive. With your having a lathe and mill at hand, I'll be it turned out pretty nice!

Here are some pictures

I have uploaded some pictures of the friction mount.

Attachments

• Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Picture 146.jpg
    Picture 146.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 149.jpg
    Picture 149.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 150.jpg
    Picture 150.jpg