Made an expansion chamber tonight!

Skyhawk66

Local time
1:01 AM
I'm not quite done with it yet, I need to figure out my stinger. I'm not sure if I want a belly stinger, a rear stinger, or just put a lawnmower style muffler on the end.. What do you guys think would be the best stinger for the performance end, not so much aesthetics?

I have a fear the header may be too long, and will kill my top end, but I guess we'll see once I ride it after my stinger is put on.

What are your guys thoughts on it?? I have thick skin and can handle honest criticizim..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 555
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 537
41 views and not one person can voice any advise??? I guess you need a screen name like jaguar, headsmess, or Fabian to get any advise here... I was hoping to this would be a decent forum, apparently not...

RE: OK,good start

Not bad, could be closer to parallel on the line but not bad..

Attachments

• ASUS - WIN_20141106_111910.JPG
    ASUS - WIN_20141106_111910.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 458
  • ASUS - WIN_20141106_111930.JPG
    ASUS - WIN_20141106_111930.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 472
Setting the ZEP with 3 speed Nexus front an bake brake combo with stainless wheel set ,66 cc and CDI ,jack shaft performance ,carb small expansion chamber Trek fork suspension Continental Speed King .Again slow to start slow to finish..

yeah that long header will result in only low end power without the ability to rev out.
the belly stinger actually gives best performance when low end power is important.

Will the long header work ok with the extended offset intake manifold I have? Any way to make it rev with a long header?

Just started on this it's not really that interesting has not got off the ground yet but anyone looking into this bicycle frame will be well advised.
I've got a slow start frame been out the closet only an hour or two for finish and rough hardware that had to be made by hand. It is one of the best 18'' steel bike frames around in my opinion and the original is extremely rare from what I've seen. Actually seen two or three only one I've seen with the 50mm bottom bracket is the one I feature but the frame can be found with the smaller bracket in the later Ward version of the 1940's I believe this one a 1939 or earlier. And no I'm not in need of advice the assembly is straight forward the parts on the jackshaft are aluminum and forged steel the aluminum must be greased fitted unfitted refitted before assembly.Those pieces are fine thread and are very difficult to assemble it must be done with the greatest of care hope to get a camera set up in a few days got one that will not format for some reason and I can't get it on line currently I'm looking into a fix. I'd mentioned two weeks to reach completion I'll get a video up sooner or later with some progress. When complete this bike should be competitive with most without turning a 1 piece crankshaft two piece connecting rod out of a pure platinum billet . But IF I'M Pushed it will go pure platinum end to end inside and out..

Back