Made some progress on the 1937 Airflow

Is it wrong to celebrate old non-motorized on here? I'd post pics of some of my rides but I don't want any complaints about how this is a motored bike site. Any chance of a non-motorized heritage forum added to the list?:unsure:

Is it wrong to celebrate old non-motorized on here? I'd post pics of some of my rides but I don't want any complaints about how this is a motored bike site. Any chance of a non-motorized heritage forum added to the list?:unsure:

I'd say go right ahead. We've been celebrating non-motorized vintage bikes on a number of threads here. Also, some vintage bikes end up getting motorized (my '46 Columbia is an example of that).

Attachments

• 46Columbia.jpg
    46Columbia.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 307
Yea i've been toying with the Idea of putting a Original H model Whizzer motor in my 1949 Colson.

Attachments

• IMG_3336_2.jpg
    IMG_3336_2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 253
Yea i've been toying with the Idea of putting a Original H model Whizzer motor in my 1949 Colson.

Speaking of Colsons, do you get that new newsletter, "Classic Bicycle News"? There's a good article on Colsons in this month's issue.

Attachments

• ClassicBicycleNews.jpg
    ClassicBicycleNews.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 264
I've been meaning to subscribe.My sister was suppose to buy a subscription for xmas for me but dropped the ball. I'd like to read the artical.Also been meaning to buy a book about colson off Ebay.

Hey Killroy your 46 Columbia is one beautiful machine I love the classic style nice work on it. One question for you where do you guys find these old bikes from I have checked out ebay but is there a better source?
Thanks Jim

Craigslist, local collectors and two big vintage Bike swaps in Washington state are where I find most of mine allong with hanging out at thecabe.com

Hey Killroy your 46 Columbia is one beautiful machine I love the classic style nice work on it. One question for you where do you guys find these old bikes from I have checked out ebay but is there a better source?
Thanks Jim

Like JE, I also pick up some bikes at swap meets, but I haven't been successful with Craigslist in my area. I also find them at auctions, and that '46 Columbia was picked up as a basket case at an antiques shop. I've picked up several on eBay too (including the '36 Elgin men's bike I posted earlier).

Back