Magneto coil missing wires?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by commanderroach1999, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Is there something wrong with this magneto coil, it only has 2 wires(Blu, and black) where is the grounded wire? 20161005_124200.jpg 20161005_124150.jpg 20161005_124144.jpg

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

nothing wrong - that's new style without the white wire that causes so much trouble (black is the ground)
  3. My magneto coil readings are the following in ohms
    Cdi readings in ohms:
    Sparkplughead/blue-nothing doesn't move
    I am posting pictures on the next thread.
  4. crassius

readings make no sense - you don't have a white wire
    zippinaround likes this.
  5. Nate888

Nate888 Member

my bike runs good w/ only 2 wires like that. to kill it, I ground the red wire's bolt on the cdi to the frame, w/ a piece of cable (gives me more street cred than using the kill switch button from the kit lmao)
  6. Nate888

Nate888 Member

it is kinda weird on mine b/c IIRC the blue from magneto is positive & has a path that runs to the red (+) on last stage of CDI b4 the spark plug (where ground/neg is still black). I'm no electrician & I've painted over the wires so it's possible I'm mistaken though
  7. zippinaround

zippinaround Active Member

i connect the green to the blue and the orange to the black , no problems after over a year
  8. The problem was that they had the wire colors swapped. It was supposed to be blue to blur and black to black. It works now with blue to black and black to blue. Stupid crappie made in china.
  9. crassius

something is wrong there - maybe your armature isn't solidly grounded to the case

your black wire is soldered to armature, which means it should be ground and should go to black on CDI