Magneto coil missing wires?

Local time
4:33 AM
Is there something wrong with this magneto coil, it only has 2 wires(Blu, and black) where is the grounded wire?
20161005_124200.jpg
20161005_124150.jpg
20161005_124144.jpg

nothing wrong - that's new style without the white wire that causes so much trouble (black is the ground)

My magneto coil readings are the following in ohms
Blue/black-1K×2=2,000
Blue/white-100×6=600
Black/white-100×1.5=150
Cdi readings in ohms:
Sparkplughead/black-1k×10=10,000
Sparkplughead/blue-nothing doesn't move
Black/blue-1k×4=4,000
I am posting pictures on the next thread.

my bike runs good w/ only 2 wires like that. to kill it, I ground the red wire's bolt on the cdi to the frame, w/ a piece of cable (gives me more street cred than using the kill switch button from the kit lmao)

it is kinda weird on mine b/c IIRC the blue from magneto is positive & has a path that runs to the red (+) on last stage of CDI b4 the spark plug (where ground/neg is still black). I'm no electrician & I've painted over the wires so it's possible I'm mistaken though

The problem was that they had the wire colors swapped. It was supposed to be blue to blur and black to black. It works now with blue to black and black to blue. Stupid crappie made in china.

something is wrong there - maybe your armature isn't solidly grounded to the case

your black wire is soldered to armature, which means it should be ground and should go to black on CDI

Back