Mainers Unite for a RIDE!

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by scrollerguy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

:grin: After checking the member list, I came up with 5 others that are the closest to Maine or are in Maine. BKZONER, CHEEZIS, NHMAN, NOAH,
    and PIANOMAN, and of course myself.

Maybe we could set something up for next spring.
    There are plenty of places to ride, along with a lot of very interesting sights to see.

Noah in Augusta, why don't you send me a pm, and see what we can come up with?

Would love to have a get together this spring, poker run, maybe some little contests, like the hotdog bite. or, riding a 2" by 4". or whatever, I know I can come up with other ideas.

I'm willing to do a lot of the ground work. If anybody is interested, let me know.

2. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Go for fellas, it's the best of times; hooking up with other motored bike bro.s (and sistahs) and just doing the thing, getting out there in it and creating the bonds of brotherhood that may well last a lifetime! Trust me on this, it doesn't get much better...
  3. noah

noah Guest

Great Idea!!! Hope to do this... :grin:
  4. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Hey that sounds like a good time! How far north are you guys in maine? I'd be up for a nice long ride on my chopper as long as I can test it out a little beforehand. You guys think one of those strapped on bike carriers would hold a fully fueled StingrayXL? If so I could just cart it up there on the back of my car to wherever you guys want to start. Keep me updated this sounds awesome. I live in southern NH, between Nashua and Keene.
  5. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Maine Ride

Hi Sir, Thanks for posting, I live on the coast, about halfway, and Noah lives in Augusta. Maybe a halfway point, would be good.

As far as roads go, there are many to choose from, where are you from?
    There is another in Winslow I think by the name of Pianoman. As of yet he hasn't replied.

Give me some input, what would you like to do?

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

I've only driven through Maine a few times on my way to Canada so I dont really know the area that well. Southern to mid maine would be the closest trip for me but we should choose a rally point thats somewhere in the middle for everybody. We shouldn't make it too early in the spring because rain sucks and I think everybody should take their bikes apart and locktite the **** out of them :) Maybe we could all get MBc shirts and spread the word about how awsome motored biking is. I'll probably make some signs for my bike like "200MPG" and such.
    What are the helmet laws in maine btw? We dont have any requirement in NH even on motorcycles. I wear one while on my Suzuki SV650s but when im motorbiking i generally dont wear one since I'm usually not doing any more than 25mph. If Maine does have helmet laws do they apply to bicycles or motored bicycles? I just wanna be prepared for everything. Remember to bring a tool kit and some spare parts like master links and spark plugs.
  8. rossfree

rossfree Member

whatever became of this event?

Is something still on in Maine?

9. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

ditto we have had many huh unclepunk 13 dont let the cold stop ya look here: or here:
    good luck on getting your rally going happy motoring:shock:
  10. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Maine Ride

Hi All, Sorry I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile. It looks like it will happen in 2009, been waaay too busy for my own good.

I just converted one down in New Harbor, I'm sure he'd love to go. I sold him a Moon Dog with the bigger engine, you would have thought I gave him a million dollars. He hasn't stopped thanking me. There is no helmet law in Maine, so you can wear one or not.

There are many areas to ride here, one is 17 towards Rumford that's quite nice, but then again, there's always the ocean side.

Let me know which way you want to go and I will make up some routes with pics and send to interested parties.

Enjoy the fall weather and endure this winter, spring is just around the corner!

11. rossfree

rossfree Member

Keep me on the list... I wish we could do it before then... leaf peeping would be a blast!

12. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

I'm interested. Wow! long time between post dates! LOL
    PM me when a time and date is set. I may accidentally unsubscribe from the thread between now and then.
  13. BusDriver

BusDriver Guest

I'm in maine too(the midcoast area), and I would be interested in seeing a cruise gotten together too.
  14. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Spring Ride

Hello, Busdriver, Where bouts in the Midcoast? I'm close to Waldoboro. Glad to see more riders around here. There is another rider in New Harbor, he will go as well.

As of right now, it's a toss up where to meet, driving half a day for either us, or our fellow riders in Mass. and NH, shouldn't be an option. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

What kind of bike do you have? And how big an engine? These little engines on a bike sure is addictive.

15. BusDriver

BusDriver Guest

16. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

:tt1: Hey Busdriver, did you call me this summer? I had a phone call from someone that asked about a motobike. Never heard back from them again, but my son spotted 2 bikes like mine putting around in the South End.

My first build was a green Moon Dog like yours, that has been sold, so I bought a blue Moon Dog for myself.

I bought the first motor from Dax, and the second from zone8cycling. They are nice guys, I bought another kit for a friend of mine from them.

Got any ideas where we should take the ride? Maybe somewhere near a river, or, maybe just find some backroads. Research it out and find a nice restaurant 30 40 miles into it. Then run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

I'm open to any suggestions from anyone that wants to go on this ride.

We should get together before then and compare notes.

It seems like we have about 5 or 6 people that would like to go on this excursion. I'm going to drive my pick-up with my bike in the back to wherever it's going to be, I'll bring some spare parts, tools tire patch, etc.

It might even be possible for a chase truck, in case any of us have a problem.

Any ideas???

17. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

Hey, Im from Mass, Ill drive up there with my bike, and participate.
  18. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Maine Ride

:cool:Hi LoMein, Glad to have you aboard. Do you have any ideas, 40 or 50 miles one way ought to do it. How far do you have to come from? We'll agree on a date, plus have a rain, or cold, date.

Been thinking about an island trip as well, take a ferry ride to a large island, and run around that, then head back. Or, a ride along some river. Or just meet and ride, follow the leader, or whatever.

Send along any and all ideas, looking forward to hearing from you.

19. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

Maine Ride

:icon_cry:Hi Ross, Sorry in taking so long to get back to you, been busy. If you have any ideas at all for the ride let me know so we can hash it out.

There seem to be more riders wanting to go, hopefully we'll have quite a few.
    Bring your camera, As I posted earlier, I will bring tools, spare parts, movie camera, 2 way radios, one for front and one for back.

We just had a large snowstorm, I'm glad I have a heated workshop, now, if Santa brings some goodies I will look past all this snow mess and concentrate on warm sunny weather and nice dry roads, and put all the goodies on the bike.

I'll try to have a chase vehicle for the ride.

20. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

I am coming from Boston, distance doesnt matter to me, Ill go anywhere lol. 50 Miles sounds like a good ol time. Ill have to get my other bike built up, that one is for comfort.

Luckily i have a heated workspace as well. Once the slush dries up and goes away I will be back on the road, my friends think im crazy riding in the winter time.

Im not sure where you are planning to start the trip, but i think we have a visit to the coastal areas. I do like the island idea as well.