make your own torque pipe

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Man o man this new pipe is the bomb! The acceleration is surprising to say the least. So much so that it is causing my clutch to slip so I bought some cleaning spray for use on the pads. But I'm running 155psi (not advised unless you've changed all the bearings to higher quality ones), have transfer ports modified to direct charge flow to the rear so the increased suction wave from the pipe won't suck it out the exhaust port, have piston ramps, have a reed valve with Dellorto 14mm carb, and of course my CDI. Everything works in harmony together. Click onto my signature link to find out the details of all my mods.

A photo tutorial is now at http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/makecone.html
Those of you that want a torque pipe but know you are not adventurous enough to make one yourself should bug Sick Bike Parts to use these plans to make them available. I thought JNMotors wanted to make them so I made a pipe for them and mailed it to them. Never heard a word back. I know what happened. The owner is always so very busy and he probably didnt feel like he had the time to do it right by experimenting with different header lengths to find the perfect length. So now he has a torque pipe for people to look at and say "hey that is different". whoppee

That is an excellent photo tutorial.

Now can you please make a photo tutorial that is 10,000 photos long and zip it together into a "video tutorial :cool:

I tried to make a video using a friends camera and it was a disaster. I know in the USA almost every one has a video camera nowadays but I have never owned one.
Anyways there is nothing to see that your imagination can't show you. That's why smart parents don't let kids watch tv much so they have to use their imagination to invent ways to entertain themselves. Do you really need a video to show you how metal bends as you hold one side of it as it rests on a cylinder and you bang the other side with a rubber mallet? I don't want to be mean but anyone that needs that is kinda brain dead. No one showed me how to do it. I'm just a small town kid from Texas that don't quit till my goals are completed.

That is an excellent photo tutorial.

Now can you please make a photo tutorial that is 10,000 photos long and zip it together into a "video tutorial :cool:

Jaguar, today everything is all about the 'visual' - besides, making a video adds a different dimension as you talk your way through things adding little bits of interesting information along the way.

Although it might sound mean, inferring that i am brain dead, could it also be said that the same works in reverse when a person doesn't own a basic video camera or any basic (smart) mobile (cell) phone with a 5 (or more) megapixel camera that's capable of recording in 720p?

It's plainly ridiculous to say that a video is not possible because of lack of knowledge to point and shoot with a phone or camera; resting on a surface to capture video footage...

I'm sorry but I just don't feel motivated.
Owning smart equipment doesn't mean one is smart.
I have made videos in the past so it's not that I'm not intelligent enough to do so. Just don't have much interest in doing so in this case.

Jaguar, today everything is all about the 'visual' - besides, making a video adds a different dimension as you talk your way through things adding little bits of interesting information along the way.

Although it might sound mean, inferring that i am brain dead, could it also be said that the same works in reverse when a person doesn't own a basic video camera or any basic (smart) mobile (cell) phone with a 5 (or more) megapixel camera that's capable of recording in 720p?

It's plainly ridiculous to say that a video is not possible because of lack of knowledge to point and shoot with a phone or camera; resting on a surface to capture video footage...

But Mr Jaguar, please make it your public duty to grace us with a concise video tutorial on making a Torque Pipe - We all want to see your skills in action, as well as a few tips and tricks of the trade as flat sheet steel is turned into a work of art!

To say that you're not motivated, in front of forum members is somewhat unbecoming of a person with your skills and talent, considering that you have designed, manufactured and are selling products to those who may require a motorized bicycle as reliable transport and to others who see it as an enjoyable hobby; wishing to try their hand at making improved accessory components.

Please Mr Jaguar, can a youtube video be made showing your pipe making skills...

Here is an updated improved version for you to sink your teeth into. It gives even more torque than the previous one and lets you cut a section from the standard muffler to make the belly. And if you lessen the belly length from 100mm to 60mm you can raise the exhaust port to 24.9mm from the top of the cylinder (for a 162 degree duration) for 7000 rpm peak. If you have made piston ramps for the transfers then make the belly 80mm long. (click on my signature link to read more)
48ccTpipe1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will work well with a 66cc engine, but the closer it is to port timing of 146/111 exhaust/transfers duration the better it will work. I have no Earthly idea what the port timing for your engine is but I can presume it is similar to the 48cc. I have asked before for people to measure their 66cc timing but no one responded which means either no one knows how to measure it or they are just too lazy to do so.

Back