Making a cool gas tank

Frankfort MB's

Local time
4:30 AM
I bought this 50's western flyer and noticed it would look great as a board track racer especially with the inframe gas tank

I then took the tank off too see it had plenty of room for a .5ish gallon tank..... Then the ideas came flowing...

I took the fenders off, layed the handlebars down, left the motorcycle looking headlight on it for looks:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 496
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 488
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 465
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 482
I got a quote on getting a steel gas tank made and it was only 50$!!! Not bad.... I didn't think about getting a 30$ gas cap with weld in bung, a bung for the fuel shutoff, and finally a fuel shutoff..... These parts add up to be around 50$ not including the tank :(...

Should be getting tank started by the next few days....
Hope it looks good

Opinions on build?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 458
  • image.png
    image.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 450
Finally got a seat that i accidentally ordered from Denmark took a month to get here but it is a very high quality seat for 30$ lol
Getting stuff to finish tank tomorrow or Monday don't have pics yet

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 444
Hey, I like that silver metallic cover gas tank. One would think it would heat up less than a black colored one...and consequently be safer too.

Hey, I like that silver metallic cover gas tank. One would think it would heat up less than a black colored one...and consequently be safer too.
The only way that I can think of that it might actually be noticeably cooler is if one would take and wrap it in some sort of reflective material. And I mean something more than just High gloss silver paint. But I could always be wrong.

Finally got tank almost done... It took a while to get all leaks sealed.... Headed home to get a quick test fit, then have to drill another hole for the petcock... Yippee.....;(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 443
Back