Making third intake on 66cc.......................

Fabian, naaaaaaa, I'm just looking for better torque out of this little beast. So, like Jag said, I do believe at this point that I'll cut my expansion baffle in half/adding 50mm/2" center. Uno, considered street pipe................ That should help the Arrow.............

options:
1) get an expansion chamber and modify the baffle, drill out piston, use reed
2) put reed on the shelf and reinstall intake extension. also lengthen the exhaust pipe for even more down low power.

Ok, I'll get started in a few days. Jag, I'll do your first choice. I've looked at your post quite a few times, but the diagram shows 9 holes. Jag, how many holes do NEED TO drill? What is the least that I can drill for best overall performance? Do I just transfer the mesurements from the 48cc piston to 66cc?

All at 7/32 bit? (The best placement, and the least amount of holes I can get away with to still gain best overall 360 circulation. Can I first mark intake through intake centered for after pulling jug, then drilling?

.......Sorry? What about Boost Port?

you´re asking someone who has never ever even seen a 66cc piston or cylinder.
but yes you can mark the piston skirt through the intake port with an exacto knife or something while its at BDC.
Making one center hole close to the bottom ring is just for the boost port.
boost port? what about it? just do it!
:)

Ok, I'll get started in a few days. Jag, I'll do your first choice. I've looked at your post quite a few times, but the diagram shows 9 holes. Jag, how many holes do NEED TO drill? What is the least that I can drill for best overall performance? Do I just transfer the mesurements from the 48cc piston to 66cc?

All at 7/32 bit? (The best placement, and the least amount of holes I can get away with to still gain best overall 360 circulation. Can I first mark intake through intake centered for after pulling jug, then drilling?

.......Sorry? What about Boost Port?

Ok, sounds good.

The boost port that you show grooved into intake 31.2mm? Do you think I need to do that as well?

Make the top of it equal to the height of the transfer ports, or up to 1mm higher.

So, looking threw intake port, when piston is at BDC, I'll mark a spot in center to top of intake port on piston, then pull jug and drll one 7/32 hole in piston. Should I drill more?

yes. In fact I want you to completely copy me and drill 27 holes in it to get it as light as possible.

no. I think one 7/32" hole is equivalent to the flow capacity of a 14mm (18/32") carburetor.

ps- I'm tired and want to be in bed but still have stuff to do. answering such questions is not one of the many things I want to be doing right now, thus the sarcasm. Look, I don't mind answering things I haven't already answered on my site. But when I'm asked for every little detail that I've already covered I just want to scream! I know you read that page. follow it's advice or blaze your own trail. Maybe you'll discover something that works even better.

Ported drilled/ramped top of piston

Guys,

I drilled piston 7 times, boost port grooved inside jug running up from intake 32.00mm. After 700 miles, Wrist pin is like new also. I will see in few days. After looking very close to a engine that is considered not the best quality, I swear to synthetic/castor.............CLEAN

Attachments

• PB142694.jpg
    PB142694.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 323
  • PB142692.jpg
    PB142692.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 323
  • PB142693.jpg
    PB142693.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Back