mark f. cheney 53 cc hausheng motors

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by mark f. cheney, Jul 15, 2012.

1. mark f. cheney

mark f. cheney New Member

I have just acquired some Hausheng 53 cc motors. I picked up on this forum as it seams to have reasonable info about the motor. Thank you for the comments

2. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Huasheng makes a few versions, what do you have?

What are you going to do with them?
    How much did you pay a piece?

Pics would help of both sides of the motor.
    thanks

3. mark f. cheney

as near as I could tell they all looked the same to me. I have red ones. They offered me red and yellow. I bought motors with their centrifugal clutch attached out put shaft. It uses a 78 MM clutch drum. I am mounting it with Staton drum and bearing housing with a 5/8" out put shaft. I am mounting a 6 J micro groove pulley on that to make a shaft reduction system.The carb looks like a 142 F carb. It mikes on the intake and out put side like one. I bought them because Honda 50s are now knocking on $400.00 with out a clutch. I wanted the clutch with the high RPM and low weight. Houshang tells me that the motor turns 6800. However on this forum there are much higher RPMs posted. does any one know at what RPM they come apart? My guess is around 9000-10000. I think that they are a great value for the money.

Mark F. Cheney

4. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

The stock oil dipper on the "big end" of the conrod is likely to break off with extended engine speeds over 8000. The oiling system is primitive, at really high engine speed the "small end" will not get proper oiling and the conrod may shatter if you keep it there long enough. It's happened at least a half-dozen times that I've seen on the forums over the years. Horsepower falls off over ~7200RPM, so revving over 8500 is just flogging it needlessly, IMO. Keep it under 8K and it should last at least 10,000 miles.

5. mark f. cheney

I appreciate the council from experience. Do people put tacs on them to maintain reasonable RPM?

6. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

7. mark f. cheney

in China from my Chinese agent.

Mark F. Cheney

8. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

An easy way to keep them from revving over 8K RPM is to gear your setup so it turns about 8000 @ 38-42 MPH. With only ~2HP available, you won't be able to exceed 8K RPM unless you're going downhill or have an excellent tailwind. Mine's set up that way and my top speed is about 36MPH on the flat with no wind. That's about 7250RPM for my engine.

9. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

I also have one of these engines, and am concerned about overspeed. However, this engine has a very basic 5 wire CDI, which I am going to try replacing with one from a GY6 scooter, because those have a rev limiter, and it should be easy. They are also cheap. I'll update after I do.

10. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

I already posted my report on the alternator on these motors on another thread, but I'll post it here as well. The alternator is practically useless, for all intents and purposes. Conventional alternators are 28v, and use half wave rectifier regulators like voltage deviders to make an appropriate 12v charging system. Therefore, automotive and motorcycle RR's won't work on it, since this alternator is only 14v, and will only make 14v with a full wave bridge rectifier. If you employ a full wave bridge rectifier and seperate regulator or charge controller, theoretically, is should work. However, I have been unable to do so thus far.
    However, when I used the cheap as they get RR for a GY6 scooter (4 pin terminal), I got a consistant output of around 6vdc, and that would be appropriate for powering bicycle lights, and perhaps even maintainig a 6v battery. But the 3 terminal RR I tried did not make anything at all on this alternator.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND: http://www.chinesemotoparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2659 A full wave regulator!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  11. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

12. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

I've found a couple of these, now. This would seem to be the best priced, most expensive full wave regulator:
    http://www.all-battery.com/browseproducts/150-Watt-Full-Wave-Regulator---Rectifier.HTML
    But I'm a cheap skate, I ordered one of these:
    http://www.motorpartsmall.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187
    In either case, these are the only 2 kinds of full wave regulators that I found anywhere online, they are kind of a rare thing. If you note that one says to rewire the stator, as it requires a floating ground, that is a moot point on these engines, they already have the floating ground wiring that these regulators require. Hooking them up should be pretty straight foreward, 2 a/c, and 2 d/c wires. I'll post when I get mine.

13. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

The full wave regulator did it. I added a tiny 1.2Ah SLA battery to it, and it's very stable at about 15v. Hope that is helpfull.
    Here is the pinout for the regulator:
    [​IMG]

14. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Thanks for sharing your experience and the patience to stay on course. I am assuming that you bought the $5.99 version at motorpartsmall.com

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

15. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

Yes indeed, couldn't beat the price. I figure I got lucky finding that, after all that.

16. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

Did this work with the 53 cc huasheng?

17. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

If you mean the charging system, yes, it did. But again, that's with the full wave rectifier, that is the only way you can get a 12vdc charge out of it. I think I might have ended up using the more expensive of the two rectifiers, though, I can't exactly remember for sure. But it worked, and better still, it didn't require a battery, I ended up not using one at all. I put in a big capacitor, but it didn't really need that, either. It just kept the lights from flickering.

18. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

That's exactly what I've been looking for .The 49cc version doesn't have a on board generator unfortunately .and it looks like it's hard to get the 53cc version.only on alibaba I found it .can't really tell the difference of the two.what tells them apart?thanks also will be getting this engine and probably will be fitting it to a different frame since I'll be getting a whole bike kit with it

Thinking of getting 12v headlights tail brake lights and signal lights and have a 12 v 2.1ah? Sla battery to keep stuff charged whether the engine is on or off

19. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

That will work. As to telling the difference, you'd have to look pretty close. Aside from the larger bore, the differences that you can see (if you take the plastic cover off) would be the ignition system, the 49cc motor has a magneto type ignition, that is where the coil has a curved ferrite frame, and is bolted to the block so the flywheel induces a pulse in it directly, the 53cc engine has white plastic ring around the flywheel, with bobbins on it, with a couple of copper coils for the charging system, and one more (I think) for the ignition. The one for the ignition powers a cdi box (with a big, fat capacitor in it) triggered by a sensor also mounted in the bobbin ring. The coil is a stand alone coil that is bolted to the back side of the plastic cover. All the wires for that come completely loose and you get to wire it all up yourself, but it's pretty easy, just match the colors together. That would be the only way to tell them apart, you have to take off the cover with the recoil in it, if the coil is bolted to the back of that, it's the 53cc and if it's bolted onto the block, it's the 49cc. And the 53cc has an assortment of wires hanging out of it, while the 49cc motor has nothing but one for the kill switch. I guess that's a giveaway, too.

20. GreenMantis

GreenMantis Member

This should be helpful

[​IMG]

And I did have to use the $50 rectifier.