Maryland USA New Member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pauly20782, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Pauly20782

Pauly20782 New Member

Hello I am Paul. I am 62 years old and live in the United States in the state of Maryland. I am two kilometers from Washington DC. I was a hippie when I was a young college student in the 1960s and even attended the woodstock music festival in 1969. I have one motorized bike that I built using a chinese 2 stroke motor. I am working on motorizing a very old three wheel bicycle. The bike is solid as a tank and should be a good cadidate for motorizing. I am trying to find a jackshaft for it. That will make it easier to motorize the trike. I think that I may decide to put a 4 stroke motor on the three wheeler. A four stroke motor is more reliable if you want to go long distances in the summer time.
    I once knew a young lady named Robin who was from Australia. I think she told me that she lived in Surrey Hills, Victoria. I love to ride motorcycles and only recently began to enjoy motorized bicycles. I am retired and my pace of life has slowed down a lot. I am one of those rare men who never married. I came close but got a broken heart. I hope that every one of you is safe and well. I look forward to enjoying this site.

2. Virginian

Virginian Member

Welcome. I live in McLean VA. Let's try to ride together some time.

CULPRITE New Member

i live near glen burnie or broklyn nice to see a fellow maylanddder
  4. ezdoesit

ezdoesit Member

Welcome to the forum Paul! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!
  5. scooterpimp

scooterpimp Banned

Welcome To The Neighborhood. But In These Parts We Call Them Miles Not Kilometers .:cool2:
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    I still don't know how long a kilometer is.
    Something like 1,000,000,000 centimeters?

I agree with your assessment of a 4 stroke for the trike.
    Does your trike have enough room for a FireBelly Whisper Drive
    or an EZMotorbike Q-Matic?
    Right now both have single speed systems available, but......
    Firebelly is developing a CVT system right now and EZMotorbike has a 2 speed auto in the works as well.
    They both have threads around here that explain their excellent drive systems

You could also run a GEBE on it to, front or rear wheel drive, or both.
  7. Pauly20782

Pauly20782 New Member

sickbikeparts shift kit

I have found the perfect solution to motorbiking problems. It is the sickbikeparts shift kit. It installs a freewheel on your bikes pedal spindle and a jackshaft to convert the motor to right side drive. That is so ingenious. It will allow those who have a multi speed bike to shift through the gears on their rear wheel. I am buying two. One for my 16 speed bike which I have already built, and another for my antique three wheel which I am planning on motorizing. The old three wheel is built like a tank, indestructable. By the way, I love this site. You guys are the best.
  8. Pauly20782

Pauly20782 New Member

A kilometer is 1000 meters about 3700 feet. So slightly less than a mile.
  9. Goldstar

Goldstar New Member

10. Virginian

Virginian Member

I recommend the GEBE kit with one of their Japanese motors. They are easy to build and very reliable. The Chinese motors are a lot cheaper, but they also have lots of problems. And who wants to get stuck on the road or have a bike that doesn't work?

I also recommend a front suspension mountain bike. The fatter tires take bumps well at higher speeds. A good quality used one is probably better than some of the cheap poor quality bikes that are being sold these days.
  11. GearNut

GearNut Active Member