Master Link

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Fishinglie, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Fishinglie

Fishinglie Guest

Anybody know where we can find master-link for these 80cc kits. Might even consider next day. I'm located in GA.

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Lowe's carries many sizes of master links and half links in the fastener section.

3. Fishinglie

Fishinglie Guest

Sorry

I realized i placed it in the wrong category so i tried to re post in the correct one.

4. Fishinglie

Fishinglie Guest

We have home-depot but they dont have them they said

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

in the future, PM a moderator...

6. Fishinglie

Fishinglie Guest

Lowe's no longer carries them. I also checked Granger and they didn't have anything. Any other suggestions.

7. drimpact

drimpact Member

Try any Quality bike shop. A 415h bike chain is just a hair wider than the kit chains, but the master link will work.

8. Fishinglie

Fishinglie Guest

9. something to keep in mind, I switched to bmx chains on both my 2 & 4 stroke bikes & works much better. I have no more chain streching, much smoother & quieter. also allows for more clearance at rear tire & frame. I have about 500 miles on one of my bikes since switch & still has not streched. bmx chain fits with no mods. 415 chain doesn't fit sprokets that great anyway!

10. StarfighterX

StarfighterX Guest

Thatsdax has them

X

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

how the heck did you sneak past everything else and wind up in buy/sell/trade?

12. MotoredTed

MotoredTed Guest

Tractors Supply

#41 Roller chain will work and you get 10 feet of chain + a masterlink for about $13 at Tractors Supply.

Ted

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  13. nsideus

nsideus Guest

Don't use a master link. Use a chain breaker, don't push the pin all the way out reverse the breaker and push back in to complete the chain at the desired length. The master link is the weak part of the chain.

14. mickey

mickey Guest

You're not the first person I've heard say that. Oddly, in all my years of biking and motorcycling, I've never had a masterlink failure, as long as I remembered to orient the clip correctly. Not even on my MXer.

I guess I've been lucky :grin:

15. MarkM

MarkM New Member

Likemyspoiler, what size bmx chain do you use? 1/2 x 1/8 or 1/2 x 3/32?

If I use a bike chain, it will solve my clearance problem between my rear white wall tire and the #415 drive chain. Mark M