Mavic Racing Wheels

Front-BRAND NEW for tubular tires. Mavic Mach 2 CD, with Dura-Ace hub, Joytec skewer, Hoshi flat blade spokes. REAR= Mavic GL 330, [a tire was mounted & used maybe 50 miles ] , Mavic hub, 6spd Suntour cassette. Steal both for $125. Location-Florida

How many spokes? What color? Any links to pictures of the same?

I cant find any.

Both are 32 spokes, " bronze ?? " color. with the front having Hoshi blade spokes. Professionally built. I got these in a bulk lot purchase & don't have a need for these.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 188
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 177
Do you have any idea what "tubular" tires are? If you did this would be the last place you would advertise those wheels. For one thing those are 700c wheels and very few here use them and even fewer do and should use tubulars for a MB.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea what "tublular" tires are? If you did this would be the last place you would advertise those wheels. For one thing those are 700c wheels and very few here use them and even fewer do and should use tubulars for a MB.
why's that?

the spokes seem flat, and it would appear the tires should be very thin...even it their thin some nut may like them ..lol

Here is an explanation and see what you think? Also the fattest tubular out there is about the equivalent of a 1.75 and costs about $200/ tire.

Tubular tires, also known as "sew-ups" or "sprints" differ from clinchers in that they don't have beads. Instead, the two edges of the tire are sewn together around the inner tube. Tubulars are used on special rims, and are held on to the rims by glue.
Tubulars used to be fairly common on high-performance bicycles, but these days they are an endangered species.

Tubular Pros:
Tubulars are a bit lighter than comparable clinchers, due to the absence of the beads. The development of Kevlar® beads has considerably reduced this advantage.
Tubular rims are lighter than clincher rims, since they don't need the flanges that hold the bead of the tire in place.
Tubulars are less prone to pinch flats than clinchers, since the rims don't present the sharp edges of the clincher flanges.
Many riders believe that tubulars provide a more comfortable ride and better traction than clinchers.
If you get a flat on a tubular, you can install a spare tubular faster than you can change an inner tube in a clincher.

Cons

Tubulars are considerably more expensive than clinchers of comparable performance.
Tubulars are very much harder to repair once punctured. Most people just throw them away.
You need to carry a complete spare tubular in case you get a flat. This negates the weight advantage over clinchers, unless you have a team car following you with spare wheels.
If you replace a tubular on the road, you cannot corner safely at high speeds until you go home and re-glue the tire. For safe high-speed cornering, the glue needs to dry for at least several hours.
Tubulars have higher rolling resistance than the best clinchers.
Tubulars are rarely as true and round as clinchers.
Improperly glued tubulars can roll off the rim. This almost always causes a serious crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mabman,
Yes I do know what tubular tires are. I also know that that they are not $200.
http://www.biketiresdirect.com/ttzz/tubular_road_tires/products.htm
I am sure there are many on here who ride & own several different type bikes, & not all are powered , either . Different bikes for different folks, rides , & occassions. I own about 6 different ones, from an old cruiser- to a 3 spd English,,, to a motored bike. That is why I offered the items to members here. Not everyone here rides ONE powered bike & nothing else. You can have your opinion ,,, but believe it or not,, there is no reason everyone has to agree with you.

Last edited:
MADMAN ,

I do not know why you you have the feel the right to attack my thread,,, or any other thread. If you search all day you may find a tubular tire for $200, but be careful, cause I have used some that cost $20. For your information , no one has said that they are 1.75" tires except you.
Also, for your info ;

Spam == Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it.

Spam == http://www.spam.com/

Last edited:
Oops, you are right I was off a bit as I meant to say 200 bux a set to fill up those rims for a 1.75. http://www.bellatisport.com/shop/product/761/Tufo_XC1_MTB_Tubular_Tire.html

Sorry to spoil your spam and no harm was meant.

DO YOU HAVE any idea what SPAM is? This a buy/sell/trade forum and he's posting bike wheels for sale in a bike forum.

You >>>:giggle: were wrong about the tires and now your wrong again about the SPAM...there is none.

Get lost you dont belong in his thread.

Back