Max Torque Clutch Question

michael whiteman

Local time
12:15 AM
Not having much experience, if any, with these clutches am I correct in assuming that Max Torque is a brand name. I stopped lookingg after finding six dealers with prices in the $40 range. All of the pictures look identical with the only option being a 10T - 11T - 12T sprocket. Everyone seems happy in the reviews, but you never know if the employees are told to post those. Are they a good clutch in your opinion ? Thanks for your imput.

I have both a max torque and a what ever no name brand that came with my predator 79 clone motor kit. Tried both of them when I thought something was wrong with the one that came with kit and I cannot tell a difference. Max is considered the go to clutch by everyone but the only difference I can see is you can change springs in the max to match motor rpm not so with no name clutch.
On my predator 212 powered trike I have a max torque clutch on it and I have climbed some pretty big and long hills on it and its been working great(y)
Hope that helps a bit and heres another place to check out

On the 79cc predator I don't think there is a bad clutch for it in any price range unless you have some super turbo blown with nitrous 79 they will all work. Just my opinion though

I would go with the max torque clutch in case you need to get parts. The off brand is probably slightly different and the replacement parts for the max torque. If uou can swing it I suggest you get the genuine comet belt of the proper size. They will last lo ger and grab better

Back