MB bicycle frame recommendation?

Donnyten

Local time
3:08 AM
I'm looking to build a MB using the Avenger 85 kit. Previously, I used a traditional 90s steel mountain bike as a base, but it required cold setting the rear drop outs to keep the chain from slapping against the stays, among a few other annoying issues, like upgrading every component. Are newer aluminum beach cruiser/mtb/gravel frames resilient enough to withstand the type of stress a steel frame can handle over time? I've only ever read about aluminum frames cracking when it comes to running these kits. I do favor the mtb look more than the beach cruiser frame. If anyone has any recommendations on a frame and general input pertaining to the topic that'd be nice.

I'm looking to build a MB using the Avenger 85 kit. Previously, I used a traditional 90s steel mountain bike as a base, but it required cold setting the rear drop outs to keep the chain from slapping against the stays, among a few other annoying issues, like upgrading every component. Are newer aluminum beach cruiser/mtb/gravel frames resilient enough to withstand the type of stress a steel frame can handle over time? I've only ever read about aluminum frames cracking when it comes to running these kits. I do favor the mtb look more than the beach cruiser frame. If anyone has any recommendations on a frame and general input pertaining to the topic that'd be nice.
Can you weld? It's just another reason many here like steel over aluminum. If you can weld many more frames become possible to use for builds.

Several have taken step-through frames and converted them to standard men's frames. Thens there's lots of room for performance mods.

Steel frames flex and if they crack it's not catastrophic, Steel Frames are easily reinforced or repaired by welding

Aluminum frames don't flex and if they crack/break it can be catastrophic (no warning) Aluminum frames are not easily reinforced or repaired by welding,

Can you weld? It's just another reason many here like steel over aluminum. If you can weld many more frames become possible to use for builds.

Several have taken step-through frames and converted them to standard men's frames. Thens there's lots of room for performance mods.
Unfortunately no, but I can learn. I've been unable to find a steel beach cruiser frame so it looks like back to Craigslist I go for a vintage road or mountain bike. Thanks for the replies people.

I've been unable to find a steel beach cruiser frame
Not hard to find at all...Same one I have been using since 2020 for my regular ride with Phantom 85 motor attached.

And the pic below is what I built it into.

DSCN0229.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Did you have to mod the frame in any way?
No, the frame is not reworked in anyway

Also, is this what you used for the rear disc brake/sprocket setup?

Amazon.com
No, I am using the 36 tooth sprocket that came with my mag rims which also included the disk brake rotors and calipers as well.

If it is helpful to you at all, here is a tutorial of how I built my bike and where I got all my parts for it.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back