Mb09 Ride Out Tampa Bay ??

Brett, Its too short of notice for most of us, but I might make it anyway especially if the weather is nice! The 3rd sat of March should give plenty of notice. By then the SPOILER GANG will have there bikes ready. Jim at Creative engineering will probably be starting a new thread on these bikes.All I can say is Wow they will be awesome! 3 speed shift, primary and secondary belt drive,no chains to oil!triple 180 mm disc brakes, 70cc engines ported and balanced! kick start! and the list goes on! The pic is my spoiler with the extra brake set up.

Attachments

• 02-07-09_1711.jpg
    02-07-09_1711.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 02-07-09_1708.jpg
    02-07-09_1708.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
More pics of the Spoiler and of Jim of Creative engineering, the Man that will bring the spoiler to life!

Attachments

• 02-07-09_1709.jpg
    02-07-09_1709.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 02-07-09_1713.jpg
    02-07-09_1713.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 169
well if everything goes well with my build ill try to make it for the next ride

thx again brett...found a 24tooth sprocket on the first set of cranks i grabbed

jackshaft is in and im just waitin on my kit

That sounds like a GREAT idea, the sooner the better. Waiting until April is too long.

I welded my clutch, and it's riding again, and I have a new clutch and a ton of extra parts.

I'm sure we'll all be more ready this time with our mechanicals this time to avoid technical difficulties on the next run!

Very Kewl, Guys.

Craig, I'm glad you finally made it over there to meet Jim.
I call him Mr. Wizard. Not many can actually take what I dream up and make it a reality. I've been kickin' around the SA 3 Speed made for Stingray rear wheels since when my Chopper was still just a china marker drawn sketch on my garage floor back in October. After reading up on some threads that people broke theirs made me shy away from spending the $150 to find out. Now if those guys used an old SA from the 60's that was already worn out I don't know. So I decided to go 5 speed freewheel with a derailer. I have had to conquer alot with that set up to finally get it to work right. The SA is much more stealthy when it comes to Johnny Law than the derailer set up. I know I will eventually go that route. Belt drive would be the bomb!
I've been chompin' at the bit waiting for Jim's balanced Hi-Po motor since he mentioned it to me back in November. The stock HT for me is just not enough.
Can't wait to see the new developments as they come outa' the pipe.
Glad more people are going the chopper route as well.

There will be another run in March as well. I'd like to make a standard 3rd weekend of the month thing.
That way there is nothing to plan or RSVP for.

'BrettMavriK

Last edited:
I'm all for it. Just let me know in advance so I can juggle my work around to make time to attend.

Ok 2/21/09 11:00am it is and every 3rd Sat of each month after, Same place Vinoy Park St.Petersburg. I will try to be there.

Ah yes,

There will soon be 4 highly engineered Spoilers in the Tampa Bay area. These bikes are BIG, so I'm going to look at them, (from a design standpoint), as lightweight motorcycles. The pedals will remain.

I plan on using a Sturmey-archer 3 speed hub as a transmission. The outer casing is standard aircraft aluminum; so I can make a new one that will suit this application. I will first talk to one of thier design engineers to determine if the hub will withstand the torque output of the engine. If not, I will make a heavy duty copy that will work.

This week: the plan is to outfit each engine with a kickstart, and get them mounted to the frame so that the geometry can be calculated for the transmission and final drive equipment. I want to do a total Gilmer belt set-up...we'll see what happens.

When finished, I want these bikes to appear as though they were factory built to be a motorbike.

With the help of kawasaki999 & BrettMavriK, I have no doubt these Spoilers will be the finest built thus far.

This project will undoubtedly take the rest of the month...possibly into the first week of March. They will not leave the bench until they are presumed to be 100%.

Once I finish the first stage, I'll start a post named "Spoiled Spoilers".

Stay tuned, and feel free to ask questions. I'll be glad to show & tell.

Jim

It sounds like I missed out on a whole lot of fun, glad everybody had a good time. Next time I "will" make every effort to meet up with everyone. Today in N. Florida where I'm at the temp hit 70, weather is great for riding. Best to all of you.

Hey there,

Welp,
the next ride is coming up next Saturday.
Thought I'd ping and see how many are showing up.

*sound off*

'BrettMavriK

Back