Mb09 Ride Out Tampa Bay ??

just gave my bike to my brother (no lic) starting on a new one will not be ready by then still looking for a frame need hvy duty rims ape handle bars ect ect anybody got a sites feel free post a link to them thanks
miss that bike already:bigcry:

Eastwood makes 18 and Jim and 2 others make 21. Looks like we will have a convoy going down central ave!

SAWEEEET!!!!

I have been working feverishly to get my chopper done. I'm down to the brackets for the custom disk brakes for the Stingray wheels, the custom 3 watt led old school bullet headlight, led turn signal, led brake & tail electrical system with a rechargeable 3.6v Nimh battery charged by the engine's magneto converted to 4.6 volt dc output, and then it's running the brake, clutch & throttle cables along with the shifter cable for the rear five speed derailer. Once I fire it up for the first time, hopefully real soon, and work out the bugs, then I can finally paint on the "ratrod" flat black, red rims & white wall tires paint scheme. I've been taking pedal trips around the block. The suspension works great and the bike handles like a bmx. Lovin' the 14" ape hangers as well.

I have 29 days before the run, so I had better get a move on....
Wow, 21 so far.....that is just excellent.

'BrettMavriK

Oh man Autocross...that brings back memories! I had a friend that had a Toyota MR2, 1988, supercharged...I prepped it for him. He would give the high dollar guys a run everytime. Too much fun!

If anyone in the Tampa Bay area needs any help getting thier bike together for this meet, just let me know...I have a machine shop full of tools and raw stock. There will be no charge!!! I will not have another contract until the end of the month.

Jim

the only reason i wont show is if its defenitly gonna rain.cause i ride a friction drive.anyone else bringing a friction drive?

the only reason i wont show is if its defenitly gonna rain.cause i ride a friction drive.anyone else bringing a friction drive?

Yeah I know, Brett and I were talking about that today. We're hoping for clear weather on the cool side. It's Florida so we'll have to play it as it goes. We don't have friction drives, but riding in the rain has never been much fun!

Jim

Rain brings me to a crawl like 10mph! :eek: A V-belt to me is friction drive, as you rely on belt friction and have no teeth. Let us hope for good weather in this unforgiving tropical state!

Back