MBc $ Discounts.

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by fetor56, Apr 10, 2008.

1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Tom,is it possible that if enough MBc members get together wishing to purchase the same(or the same + additional) items from the SAME vendor an OFFICIAL MBc stereo-typed email can be sent to that vendor beforehand requesting a discount?

2. I think it's up to the vendors,kinda like a sale you find in the store.
    The Wheelman for example offered me an MBc discount in the forum,however much of a discount that is.
  3. codi79

codi79 Member

Well if you think about it, in the end someone has to pay for the discount, and I don't think it would be the purchasing companies.
  4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

The Wheelmaster is not a particularly good example cos he's known to MBc...i'm more talking about vendors who don't have a clue who we are or what we represent.If a vendor sees a potential number of customers all with the same interest and roughly wanting the same comodity it's in HIS interest to attract us.....$ discounts attract,so the more he sells the more $'s he makes......Capitalism at it's finest. :)
  5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

No-one pays....the vendor would sell more items hence more profit.
  6. sparky

sparky Active Member

Only discount I'd like is for the NuVinci hub...

Tell Staton-Inc we'll take 100 of them!!
  7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

That's an example....i also would be interested in the NuVinci but not just yet cos i have too many other things on the "go" and don't have the spare dough(at the mo)
    Say for example however u found 4 other ppl wanting to buy a NuVinci then Tom(or whoever) emails David at Staton in an Official capacity and sayes "what's your best percentage discount for 5 NuVinci hubs for 5 MBc members"
    David knows MBc but most other vendors don't and i'm sure they would like to hear from us...$'s for them,cheaper prices for us.......win win.
    PS...it would be up to the individual vendor to decide what the minimum purchase would be to qualify for any discount.The worst they can say is "go away" :)
  8. KiDD

KiDD Member

A discount on some true tuned pipes would make them much more affordable
  9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

This would be a good example to follow-through AFTER Tom has given it his official sanction.
    Decide exactly on what u want and a few places where to get it,then place a thread in MBc Buy/Sell/Trade asking for ppl interested in buying the same pipe.
    After u have collected a number of DEFINATE orders approach Tom to email that vendor/vendors and see if he can get all of u a discount......if u don't try you'll never succeed.
    BTW...There's nothing stopping u doing it yourself but i feel it has more clout if MBc is behind u.
  10. HI All,

Fetor has a good point about quantity purchases....FWIW I'd be good with a discount for multiple purchases.

11. Tom

Tom Active Member

I don't think that it is necessary for me to be involved in something like that. I think a vendor would be happy to work with you if you had a group of 10 people or so that all wanted to buy the same thing.

Simply start a "Group Buy" thread, round up a bunch of people, then contact the vendor and say "Hello, 10 of us here at MBc want to purchase the same part from you together. How much of a discount could you give us for our group buy?"

I bet they would be happy to work with you!
  12. sparky

sparky Active Member

Hey Tom... I just stopped by another forum I use (not so much lately because of my motored biking addiction), Head-Fi.org (Headphone Equipment), and they have a "Group Buy" forum...

I figured we could use a Group Buy forum here, too... like right after the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

Seems like it'd make group buys a much more attainable goal. Plus, I'm really wanting the NuVinci to drop to like $250.
  13. Tom

Tom Active Member

I would suggest that you guys start a thread in the buy/sell/trade forum. If we get enough threads, we will create a new forum and move all existing group buy threads to that one.