*MBc/MBRA National Rally! Ocean Park, WA August 30-31 '08*

So if I show up in my "mini-Van" with bikes, gear, free goodies, etc will there be a place for me to park the van and sleep inside, and room for Jim (Ghost0) to pitch a smallish tent outdoors?

Last edited:
I really want to go. My first day of work will be Sep 2, so I will need to make it back by at least the evening of Sep 1.

Amtrak takes 20 hours (no problem for me), and drops me off at Kelso (70 mi away from Ocean Park. I guess they have a place to stash my bike too... The problem is that I would have to be in Kelso on Sunday at noon to make it back by the evening of Sep 1.

I could take a plane, but the closest I could get would be Portland or Seattle. Then I have the problem of getting to Ocean Park from there and also the problem of trying to check my motorized bicycle...

So who would be able to give me a ride from the train station/airport?

huffy mtb, cruiser bars, whizzer seat, HT

tom, we have a nice guest-bike for you to ride...you just get yer MB-butt up here :)

are you equipped to camp outside? we have space for that, too.

so, portland or seattle, who's gonna hook up with tom?

Last edited:
Darn! I wish RdKryton and I could get there with our Whizzers, but we're clear over on the east coast. Maybe we could organize an East Coast Rally...

A few things real quick here. The good news:
If tom needs a ride I'll volunteer providing I have the new engine in the Dart by then (long story for another time). There are many others from the area going so if someone closer can hook him up that would be great but if not I'll help out; I really want Tom to join us for the good times and won't let a few miles stop that.
The Bad news: My band Rodeo Kill has opted out of playing the rally, so that is a bust. I'm not sure what's what but they've dropped most of our other summer engagements as well... BUT we should still bring the generator and a stereo.

yup, stereo and generator...check...not a problem :)

let's not bet on that ride until the engine is in and running, but i bet he wouldn't mind riding down here in that sweetie. meantime we need to know all our options.

anyone else have a possible ride for tom?

Last edited:
hi; im looking for a rider to split gas, my little pu get around 25mpg and im taking a teardrop trailer. i live in n. bend. wont be speeding either direction. mitch

Back