Crashes MBer dies in Tucson

Local time
2:47 AM
"TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - A man lost control of his bicycle and hit a vehicle, while riding downtown, Tucson Police Department spokesperson Sergeant Diana Lopez said.

Dennis M. McKinney, 47, was riding a motorized bicycle westbound on Congress Street approaching 4th Avenue, while a vehicle was traveling in the middle lane also going westbound on Congress Street next to McKinney. The bicyclist lost control and hit the vehicle.

TPD pronounced McKinney dead at the scene.

The accident is still under investigation."

Earlier reports said he was not wearing a helmet.

:cry:

The must important thing to take away from this, IMHO is to watch out for yourself. Don't let your guard down for a second in traffic. And please wear a helmet.

You can't let your gard down period. Have to try and stay where they can't hit you. Ridding in Buffalo this weekend a lady got right on my rear tire arround a festival grounds. She began laying on the horn, although I was doing 20mph and tight too the parked cars. IMHO, 20 was too fast, there were people in the street everywhere. The horn only served to distract me further, while keeping an eye for door flippers!

Case at point, she finally flew past me, only to stop at the light 300yds ahead. Her boyfriend began yelling something to the effect, your not allowed to have a motor on a bike.

This seems to be some kind of common misnomer up here. That you are allowed to endanger the life of somebody w/ a motor on their bike. This was the second altercation of this nature for me. Wonder what story our deceased Brother would have to tell if he was still alive?

I wonder if the tough guy in the car would have still run his mouth, had he known I was licensed to carry a pistol up here? That does it. I made my mind up. Air horn instalation thread comming soon. US CoastGuard approved for a 40ft vessel!

My heart & prayers go out to his family now & forever. I hope he didn't suffer any. Tucson is such a great town, I was born & raised there. (Although I currently reside in the southeast, now.) The air horn idea is a very good one, Mach. My brakes work great but I never would've thought about a good, loud horn. Rest in peace, friend.

Back