Me and the motoredbike- It's been a while pics

professor

Local time
3:35 AM
Details-
Huffy frame (not me-the bike).
HF 212 engine, 3 speed SA hub as jackshaft.
Puch front and rear. Top speed 40mph (on governor). Cruise around 25-30.

Attachments

• Dad's pictures 1 003.jpg
    Dad's pictures 1 003.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 505
  • Dad's pictures 1 095.jpg
    Dad's pictures 1 095.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 469
  • Dad's pictures 1 093.jpg
    Dad's pictures 1 093.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 434
lots of stuff going on in that build. i find myself looking at it over and over again just to admire how well it was put together. congrats to you, sir on a very nice looking ride.

I am amazed that the authorities let you can get away with an engine that big in a bicycle frame.

In Australia, the police would throw you in jail, and apply a good dose of police brutality, and impound your bike, and strip away just about every demerit point on your car licence and hit you with just about every motor vehicle violation in the book.

You must live in a good part of the world to get away with that setup.

I agree with Timbone that it blurs the line between bicycle and motorcycle, though it does appear to be well engineered.

Around here the cops might share a beer with you for thinking up something so cool

Lets hope you can keep living in a place which gives that level of freedom.

Many of us can only dream of such freedoms, even those living in a "so-called" first world democratic society.

It all comes down to attitudes. In the state of Indiana, new rules for motorized bicycles apply come January 1st. Why? Well, it is a problem that idiots get caught driving drunk, lose their driving privileges, take to a moped or scooter or whatever, continue their irresponsible ways and rn them into things causing damages. Indiana called in the Motorcycle Riders Assn and listened to their expertise. Keep in mind that this group is a group of auto drivers who piddle around on overpowered, inefficient, super expensive two wheeled toys. They basically believe that if you cannot afford to own the vehicles they have, then you shouldn't be on the road. We live in an auto-centric world where, ironically, the act of driving an automobile sucks. The result will be laws that make all methods of transport suck just as much as driving a car.

Back