Memory Lane

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by mikem, Jan 6, 2009.

1. mikem

mikem Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Ah, Memory Lane Classics, one of the best sources for vintage bike parts. I've been a customer of theirs for as long as I've been into vintage bikes.
    That is one unique Schwinn, too. I'm not so sure I like the American Flag tires, however. I wouldn't want this to get political, but to me it's much like desecrating our flag. Who knows, maybe I'm the only one who feels that way.

3. mikem

mikem Member

KilroyCD

I see your point. At first I thought the tires were cool ... now ... thinking about it ... I'm not so sure. I don't think the designer had any disrespect in mind ... but I do see your point. I hope everyone else does too.

God bless America ....

4. JE

JE Guest

Yea except for the tires it's a cool bike and a good place to find vintage parts. Also one of my favorit vintage bike hangouts is thecabe.com I'm JRE on there also.

5. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

That's a cool website.

I suppose whether the tires are disrespectful or not depends on what the builder had in mind. It's a good guess that he was viewing the flag with reverence, so I'm okay with that.

But I would sure hate to have to find new tires for that bike.

6. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

Agreed Kilroy
    I saw a banana seat with American flags all ove it I thought the same thing I just couldn't sit on it sure maybe strictly a collector piece but no way could I ride one the bike. I would also feel like I desecrating the flag as well so no you aren't alone in that regard but it is a cool looking bike non the less.

7. mikem

mikem Member

:iagree:

8. Memory lane is great. My wife & I went out to there swap meet last spring & it was great to meet everyone that I talked with on the phone over the years, (Mainly Harvey) I was like a kid in a candy store wile there!! Then we went to Ann Arbor the next day for that swap meet. It made a great weekend!! More for me than my wife!!!! I recomend it!! Met lots of folks from the forums as well. Thanks, Dan

9. KDC1956

KDC1956 Member

Flag tires

And to think I almost order my self a set of them for my trike.You can get them for 34.95 each.But I forget where I found them at now.But I think they are cool looking and I don't think like some of you do here but thats me.To each his or her own.My wife talk me out of them anyway lol.