MiCh Dremel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BoltsMissing, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Just thought I post this cos these multinational retailers are gonna get their brains roasted with complaints.

I go looking for a dremel, it's time I bought one.
    There were 2 brands on display, price was Special for the original Dremel brand @ $120.00 kit, box with bits and pieces.

On the other corner was a Dremel copy, made in ??? ( MiCh !)
    Price: $39.95

The sale rep recomended the original, he is not the blame.

I buy the MiCh, "what's $40.00" I thought ?

How long did it last ?
    10 minutes, and the job was not even completed, had to use a file to finish the work.

Tommorow I will return it, and pay the extra for an original Dremel.

Please , bring the prices down on other non MiCh tools, I am sure many are sick and tired of this bulls.

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I have a 2 speed Dremel (5,000 and 35,000)- it is perfect- best tool I have...and I have a lot of tools. I think mine cost $70 a couple of years ago. there are more expensive Dremels, but this one works great.

3. BoltsMissing

4. BoltsMissing

Genuine Dremel, good buy. Store swaped it over, paid the difference, sweet.
    Bonus accessory pack, "free", and the kit includes flex extension, bits,pieces and polishing compund at no extra cost.

The store was not a bit surprised the "copy" was returned.

5. D_M

D_M Member

I bought a rechargeable two-speed Dremel and was surprised to get home and find some off-brand super cheap model in the box, which was a one speed and not a two. I think it was a factory mix-up, because the package didn't seem to have been opened. I took it back and opened the next one at the store, which had the proper Dremel tool in it.

I have used it to cut/grind stuff on my bike, to drill holes and smooth over things I hacked up. It has been worth it.

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

A Dremel is the best investment your ever gonna make,you'll see.

7. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Very Odd
    The cordless ones have good power? I've had a Dremel 400XPR for a couple of years now. It still works great but at times can be cumbersome.

8. a dremel will be the most used tool in your arsenal.

I've had mine for over 10 years now and the thing has sustained the abuse I give it. I love that the pieces are cheap and available and many places have knock offs of the pieces. I use it ALL the time.

Pretty muchthe best investment ever.

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Any one with a drill has a dremel, cordless or electric.

10. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Drills are not by any stretch of the imagination a Dremel.

11. BoltsMissing

Well, stretch the imagination my idea of a "dremel tool" prior was angle grinders, bench grinder and wire brush, files, chisels, a set of hammers, pin punches, anvil,vice and electric drill.
    Engraver was the bench grinder to grind "unique markings".
    All the above suited me fine even to this day.

So why do I now need this Dremel ?
    Thanks to the HT and it's anomalies and what have you, gaskets don't match, things don't fit right, bikes are bikes and there are confined spaces etc etc.
    Who knows, it's still in the box as I type and all I gotta figure now is how to engrave my "unique markings" on my new Dremel for ID reasons and contents insurance stuff. OK,so it has serial number, So what ?
    I still need to use my bench-grinder as a pseudo engraver, on the Dremel...

Ideas welcomed..,

12. I have the Black and Decker variable speed, with the flexible extension, and have had it for years. I love it. The rotary tools have sooooo many uses..........

13. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Did you know you can trim your dog toenails with it? Thats how professional dog groomers do it. Try that with a drill!

(NO! Please don't LOL)

14. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

hey ozzy

want to see you try it with my dog. He's a 90lb doberman. Sounds funny but his feet are seriously ticklish. Just say the word tickle infront of him and your gettin bit, don't touch the paws!

as far as dremel's go I'd recomend my craftsman knock off 10 speed. Has interchagable guts w/dremel! I've had it for years (with a flex shaft also)

15. hill climber

hill climber Member

dremel is the ultimate tool. a million uses, until it quits. think i just killed mine, probley a good thing the niehbors must be getting tired of it,10 pm here. i was just cleaning up some parts for a jack shaft im building, another story, and my variable speed dremel started cutting out. push on the speed controler and it works but i think maybe its time for a new one. ten plus years of good service, cant complain. really like the variable speed

16. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

80 lbs Chow/Rot

I have 80 lbs Chow/Rot. He is very sensitive about his feet, but the Dremel is actually easier than the clippers. Put a muzzle on your dobby and go for it! LOL

I never got my flex shaft to work. I think I'm missing a part. I actually asked for a B & D or Craftsman for x-mas but got the Dremel. I thought the Dremel was a bit pricey.