Tires Michalin CITY tires- are fantastic......................................... ..........

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by geebt48cc, Jul 31, 2012.

1. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

See, I'm 260lbs, not even talking about bike? Total is 320lbs +...........

Tires keep on, keeping on..................

700+miles, ZERO FLATS!!!!!!!!!!!~

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Michelin tyres are brilliant but so are thorn proof (slime filled) inner tubes.

3. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Your right there, as well. I just don't hope I eat these words somewhere on the side of road with a flat..............?

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

combine them both and you will "never" have a flat tyre, even if running over a 6" nail

5. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Fabian, can you send me a link to those tubes your speaking of?

Glen

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

7. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

It's better, from my experience, to put Slime in the tubes yourself. The pre-Slime'd tubes don't come with enough sealant - maybe only 3 or 4 oz. That's not enough, IMO.

I put 6-8 in mine with great results. I have a tube on one of my bikes that is over 5 years old with thousands of miles on it, it's had dozens of punctures and keeps rolling!

8. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Darn, I've gone 350 miles on the Michelins, and then FLAT REAR.......................:( Couldn't find a place that looked like a leak, so new tube, on we go?!~

Thank the man up-stairs...............just happened very close to house.

9. roughrider

roughrider Member

Er, well, no, sorry. That very combo failed to stop a machine screw that must have been kicked up by my front tire just so. [Michelin City, expensive tire liner, thornproof tube, and Stan's (not Slime, but better)]. There are things and events that will give any pneumatic tire a flat. It's just a matter of diminishing odds. There are no absolutes.

But the Michelin City IS an awesome tire. Longest wearing tire I've ever owned. Good looking too.

10. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Want true puncture-proof, Schwalbe Marathon tires, thorn-resistant tubes, and tire liners.I used tire liners on a 10-speed way before I was MB'ing (back when they were called Mr.Tuffy), hit some glass, and there was a slice you could stick your pinky in and touch the liner, blissfully rode home.

11. nightrider

nightrider New Member

4 ounces is the amount Slime recommends in one bicycle tire if you're putting it in yourself.

Anton likes this.