Mid Atlantic MB/Whizzer Rally October 11-12

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by KilroyCD, Aug 20, 2008.

1. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Hi all, RdKryton and I have been talking about having an inaugural PA MB/Whizzer Rally in Quarryville, PA on Sunday, October 12. It will be held at Legion Park on Route 472 (Lime St) in Quarryville (Lancaster County). Quarryville is about 15 miles south of the city of Lancaster.
    Right now, it looks like it'll be a low-key event, so bring your own beverages. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park. Perhaps we'll have a ride-out for pizza, ice cream or Italian ice (whatever everyone decides on) to either Two Cousin's Pizza or Son's which are about a mile or so away from the park. Other local rides can be planned. Anybody interested?

EDIT: Change of venue - see post #33!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008

2. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Count me in.
  3. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Wow, not a lot of interest in this gathering yet. I can use more riders. If you can't bring your bike, just bring yourself. I have three bikes, but I can only ride one at a time...
    I'm still thinking of more things to do at this event, so stay tuned.
  4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Change of venue!

Hi all, after some consideration, I have decided to change the venue for the rally. There just wasn't enough to offer around the original venue.
    The rally is now planned for the town of Northeast Maryland, right at the head of the Chesapeake Bay. I will be making calls to try to determine which of the three parks there would be best. I know that two of the parks are right on the water. There is a lot to do in that town, plus great restaurants right on the water. Mmm, Maryland Crabs!!!! Also, Maryland has very MB-friendly laws. There is camping available in nearby Elk Neck State Park for those looking to rough it.
    Besides RdKryton and myself, I know that jbcruisin expressed an interest in the rally. Anyone else interested?
  5. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

u can count me in.
  6. I'll be there with my bike(s). Thanks for putting this together!
  7. Are dogs allowed? My Greyhound's nickname is Whizzer...for...well, several reasons.
  8. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Originally I planned this as a one day (Sunday) event, but now I'm debating whether to make it for the whole weekend. Let's hear your vote!
    By the way, checking out the parks in Northeast, one if them is a good fishing site. Who's for bring some fishing gear?
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

You can definitely bring your Greyhound, but I'm sure they have a leash law. I'll look into it. I might even bring my Springer...
  10. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Cool! Wow, all the way from sunny Florida! You just might get the prize for "farthest traveled"...
  11. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

east coast rally

cool guys I guess a little inspiration goes along way! Right on dudes...hope its a grand success! The west coast rally was a huge success and even local law enforcement came by Deanna's and as augie would say it was 2 thumbs up, happend out there as he was saying he appreciated our "law abiding ways"!:grin: and was impressed with all of us...i think we are deffinately on the right track...and i believe the postitve press had alot to with it...we were 22 on our official ride and it was a blast turning heads and watching little kids run out and wave...Good luck!
  12. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Quay, we're looking for this rally to be as much fun as the West Coast Rally, and hoping for a good turnout. If you have any suggestions for our rally, please let me know as all ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated.
  13. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi kilroy; i just returned from our rally at the beach and it was a blast. i think some sineage and an artical in the paper really helped our event. we had a great number of civilians come to see and ask questions about the movement and technical questions about our builds. we had a drawing for small prizes. best wishes. mitch
  14. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Yeah Mitch, you guys set the bar, and set it high. I'm hoping to uphold the tradition and have a great rally like yours. I'm working on ideas...
  15. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Well, count me in!! Sounds great!! My Whizzer & I will be there. Let's make it Saturday & Sunday. I'll come down Friday Evening.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  16. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Hi all! After some discussion, the Rally will be the the full weekend (11th and 12th of October). I've sent an e-mail to the powers that be at Northeast to ask if a swap meet is something we would be able to incorporate into the event. We'll see if there are any statutes regarding that. We're getting some more interest in the event. I had a long phone call with Quenton this evening, and he's doing the math to see if it's an event he could make. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
  17. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Will you be checking options for hotels? I have been known to camp out. I think you mentioned that.
  18. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

come on people.we need more peeps.
  19. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Yes, I am looking into these. Stay tuned...
  20. augidog

augidog Banned

EDIT: pics and more pics of the area you'll be riding will get attention :)

don't be afraid to pimp such a positive event...the local media is usually semi-excited about our machines, so give it a shot...make sure to be clear about your group's intentions.

and, not to be remiss (you know how i am)...RULES of conduct. don't be thinking they're not necessary...if you wanna be able to repeat someday, you have to be looking ahead to larger numbers.

best of luck to y'all!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008