Mikes Hard Lemonade.

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by SlicerDicer, May 28, 2007.

1. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

Here is my motored bike.

I cannot upload the image to the forum so here it is.

I did use image compression so it should be 56k friendly :)

I do not know why the chain is making popping noises however? Its true and straight I have put it up on a stand and spun it I can hear the popping but cannot identify where tis coming from? I am wondering if its my rear hub?

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i fixed it up for ya :)
    (it's best to resize before uploading.)

anyway...if the engine chain's too tight, the tensioner wheel won't spin & the noise could very well be the chain grinding grooves in it. as it's a fairly new build, you'll have some chain stretching to deal with for a while.

you've mentioned you're not happy with the durability of the bike, but i still think it looks great 8)
  3. retro_racer

retro_racer Guest

Thats sweet I haven't seen the mike bikes yet.I've seen several others Budwieser,firestone,and a couple of others.Thats realy slick nice job
  4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Feel the flex of each link between your fingers. There might be a frozen link causing a bind. Post if you located one.

Good looking ride. :smile:
  5. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

alright I will flex each link and try that. the chain is loose to a degree not enough to create binding.

I removed the rear whitewall as I could not get enough traction in the sand out here when I cut across drainage ditches.
  6. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

"poping" that the chain too tight, nice ride Bud! 8)
  7. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

how loose should the chain be? can you give me a idea how much I should be able to move it?
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i don't know about should...but mine has been trouble free for many miles.

i have approx. 3/4 of an inch of play at the center of the top run, 415 chain. my tensioner roller moves with the chain, & so long as everything's properly lubed there's no unusual noise. when it's time to re-oil, the roller makes a dry little squeal :)
  9. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

I am going to need to rebuild my rear wheel "damn it" 2 broken spokes and deformed tire... this may be part of the vibration problem ARRRRRGHH!!

Add that to the list of busted parts :shock: Any ideas where to get cheap/free bike parts? maybe the city landfill?
  10. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

No, spend the money for a quality wheel with nice, thick spokes. It pays for itself when you realize you had it on for 4 months without adjustment.
  11. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

Alrighty I will do the 14gauge spokes then :) I am not afraid to build it myself so thats more than likely what I will do.
  12. azbill

azbill Active Member

if you can find 12g spokes, they will do you better
  13. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Just to get back to the chain popping, you should definately file the tips and the U's of the sprocket if the sprocket is new. Even if it looks smooth the wat they put the chrome on oversizes the sprocket and causes the chain to stick to it.
    Just a revisited thought. I had to do it.
  14. wheels

Hi all one company makes wheels far above the rest. Spokes are .120 when regular bicycles are .080 and that would be Worksman, in the Bronx, Mike
  15. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

got any links mike?
  16. spunout

spunout Member

Agreed 8) !
  17. Links?

Hi, what kind of links are you intrested in? I have a lot of cool stuff, and know where other things might be found, but I do have mostly wholesale connections. If I knew what you were looking for I might be able to help, Mike
  18. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

Looking for wheels you were speaking of.
  19. wheels

Worksman Cycles New York, building bikes in America since 1898 www.worksman.com or http://www.worksmancycles.com/, I don't get a very good discount from these people, so best you call them yourself, as I cannot save you anything on these by the time shipping is added. I have many good products, but a few with little to no margin, Mike