Mile High Chop-Ped V2

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Mile High Chop-Ped, May 3, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grubee Whopper Stopper Frame
    Harly Sportster Tank 2.3 Gal
    70cc DAX engine
    Dellorto Carb
    UNI Air Filter
    Bullet Moped Expansion Chamber
    Front Disk and Rear Band Brakes
    26"x2.21 3G Slicky G Front Tire
    24"x3" Big Road Hog Rear Tire
    Italian seat and bars from the 70's
    6 & 12 volt lighting system and 12 volt horn.
    Moped levers Throttle and switches
    Motorcycle Mirrors
    Ebay bargain saddle bags.
    70mm skateboard wheel with Radikal axle
    Hot Wheels NASCAR Speedometer

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) !

3. Nice bike! It looks practically factory 8)

I bet it's fun, but I'd have to take your word for it. I'd feel like Jokey Smurf trying to pedal it with these legs :razz:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Sportster tank?

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Man...that's pretty sweet!! Tell us about it.....Frame, tires, brakes, powerplant, etc.

nice 8)

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

very nice ride !!!
    clean and classic looking

7. Good eye it is the little 2.3 tank.

8. Thanks Great idea! I added more info to the orignal post the covers most of it.

9. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

bags

Wow, looks clean.
    I was curious about your sidebag resting on your pipe. No smoke?
    Doc

10. It doesnt actually touch it but the angle of the pic sure makes it look that way. There is about 1.5 inch gap. That far out on the pipe doesnt seem to get too hot. You can grab the outer case of the silencer any time and it won't burn. Now the chamber itself does get hot. I wouldn't want the bag too close to that.

11. spunout

spunout Member

dude...that's sweet.

12. azbill

azbill Active Member

I just noticed, you've got the same skull grips as azvinnies chopper 8) 8)
    he has had probs with the skulls weight causing them to break, he had to epoxy them :shock: :shock:

also, what size is it and where did you get carb...does it work better? any info please?

13. I notices his grips were the same too. I had one of the skulls come off when I was changing bars but I stuck in on with some Shoe Goo and it has been fine since.
    The carb is a Dellorto SHA 15.15 I got from 1977 Mopeds. It fit right on the stock manifold on the Dax engine. The nice thing about it is you can get jets for it so you can tweak the mixture. It made the engine run smoother and eliminated any cutting out at WOT. It didn't seem to make it any faster but then again I live at about 6400' and with a little engine like this the loss of some performance to the altitude just can't be avoided. I would bet it would make a bigger difference where the air is thicker.

14. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

nice ride, mile-high. l remeber seeing this bike when l joined here, since then you have added alot more kewl stuff to it. like l said nice job 8)

15. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

That is amazing...

I love it. I really love it. In a few months though, my new bike will put it to shame. :grin:

What is your top speed, and what performance changes does that expansion chamber give that little engine?

16. The chopper I had up last year was based on a Schwinn Stingray. I stole a lot of parts off of it for this one hence the V2. It rode really well but always felt a little too small. I ended up redoing that one for my kid.

17. These Grubee frames stink stay away from them! I started feeling vibrations and the weld top weld on the front engine mount gave out. I figured I could rig something to fix that but upon closer inspection I found the bottom weld of the same mount was going and cracks had started around both sides of the bottom tube of the frame. This one is shot. :x I figured that since it was designed for the engine it would be strong enough.

I have a Mustang Stretch Frame around that I was going to use for another project. I think I will transfer all the components to that instead. It was a short life for V2 only a few months.

Coming Soon...... Mile-High Chop-Ped V3

18. mxlews

mxlews Guest

How did you fit the drum brake on the rear?

19. azbill

azbill Active Member

the bike he bought came with it
    read the whole thread
    the brake and sprocket mount are probably the only usefull parts
    (the frame developed cracks)

20. mxlews

mxlews Guest

Ah, didn't know if it came with it or he installed it.