"Milk crate on engine" page

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Mary, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Mary

Mary Guest

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i don't know who you just helped out, but thanks :)

3. Torques

Torques Guest

Ha, ha, that is funny. Maybe, I should just start to wear a disguise when I go out, fake mustache, etc.

4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I was looking for that a while ago, but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. Thanks Mary. I should'a known it was Mark.
    Hey Beast, you using that disguise on your Norco?

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

members helping members...
    it's what we're all about !!! :D:D

6. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

7. beast775

beast775 Guest

nope no milk crate

im actually putting on sound proof sponge inside the plastic cases of the motor.and rubber on the cylinder lining,plus a really quiet exhaust,and a breathable cover with handle,so it looks like a small carry case,i dont want to, but the cops are not forgiving or human in these parts.thats why i put up the vid so i can do a before and after.the norco was clocked at 44 miles an hr yesterday.it handles very good and stops even better,guess thats what 50 dollar brake pads get you.hello bama i cant put the explanation in that thread,2 many stupid pills i guess,maybe a little help might fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2007
  8. BTB Wild

BTB Wild Guest

Great Idea

The milk crate thing is a sensible disguise.....great idea. And perhaps doubles as engine armour should the bike take a fall. I'll have to try this once I get my kit installed. Thanks!

9. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

beast, you are going to have an Agent 007 JamesBond cycle when you get done, all the secret camoflages and stealth....or Maxwell Smart maybe, all's you need is a shoe-phone!! :cool::cool::cool:

10. minibiker

minibiker Guest

put a baseball card in the spokes so you can explain the noise ;)

11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Beast, a really good auto shop should have an infra red thermometer to check your engine with. I bet they wouldn't charge much to check it. I'm concerned you may impede air flow. That's what one side of my brain says. The other side says that you are a wild and crazy guy who has probably given the issue lots of consideration anyway.
    Ride on!!

12. beast775

beast775 Guest

about heat

those milk crates are just 1 big hole,the only thing that would get blocked even a bit would be the gas tank.i started working in detroit michigan at maryjanes h-d shop in 1978 as a shop go getter i was a punk who grew up in a garage,sunoco,i have the sunoco tattoo on my arm haha,ended up trueing h-d flywheels to get rid of vibration,i was getting 30s and 40s crank sets from germany to do freehand on a wheel trueing machine that i built..plus i raced a rigid framed wheely wheeled 750 2 stroke kaw triple 750 in 79 -80 and learnt alot about 2 strokes going 140 miles an hr in seconds makes you not want a seize up yikes..checking temps is easy just look at your spark plug,i even go as far as cutting threads away to expose the ceramic,you get a true reading that way.ow the fun.

Attached Files: