Mini Model "T"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barry, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Barry

Barry Member

A few months ago, a freind asked me to put something together for him to tear around some property he has in central Texas. I went to the drawing board and came up with a tricked out motorized trike.
    I took a chrome BMX/Mongoose frame, added a trike conversion kit, and bought a new Honda GC-160 for it.
    As it turns out, what he REALLY wants is one of those 1/5scale Ford Modle T's like the Shriners use in parades.
    I've poked around the web for a kit or some plans but, have had no luck.
    Anyone out there know where to go?
    P.S. All the crap I bought for the trike build is on the Corpus Christi Craig's list.
    Thanks!
    Barry

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Check a flick called "Bugsy Malone".It has some beautiful pedal cars, and a few small shots of the inner workings, somebody built them.May give you some ideas/scale; one of those motorized would be so cool.

3. Barry

Barry Member

Thanks!

4. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

You could start with one of these, Like the Golf Coaster, And then start working on the body. A model T body is mostly straight lines so you might be able to make it out of a couple sheets of acrylic,
    Big Red.
    http://www.americanspeedster.com/

5. Barry

Barry Member

You nailed it Big Red! PVC Pipe, the lightbulb in my brain housing is burning bright!
    Thanks
    Barry

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Readers of popular mechanics often post plans of their projects. You may be able to get some plans on their website.