Miss Megan's Motoredbike

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by spunout, Mar 23, 2008.

1. spunout

spunout Member

It's a GT Kustom Kruiser Duece. It's really MINE, but i'll let megan THINK its hers, haha.
    chopper forks, 3" wide rear tire. Ape-hangers. Got most of it complete except mounted rear sprocket. just using spare parts here and there. megan is confused by coaster brakes...something about pedaling backwards to stop, she has trouble comprehending:rolleyes:. so the only way to use handbrakes on front was to put them on the backside of the neck, and let the pads rub right on the tire. it'll chew them up faster, but i can get the pads for free.
    i'd like to keep the wide tire, but if the chain wont clear with just one extra spacer, i'll havbe to go to reg. width tire. i dont wanna run into vibration probs.

Attached Files:

2. Nice. I need me some ape hangers.

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Nice looking ride !!!

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

mamas bike is gonna be cooler than yours !!!
    lookin good dude :D

5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Good looking ride.

6. codi79

codi79 Member

Wow. the ape hangers are kick a**!

7. spunout

spunout Member

thanks, all.
    yeah, Bill....i may have to 'requesition' this one just for me :) nah.
    well, i got the rear sprocket on and perfectly centered. after tightening it down, i put the wheel on....no go. chain wont clear the tire. i'll TRY just one more spacer, but something tells me it'll vibrate like Bill's Deviate.
    *crosses fingers*

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

good luck dude !!! :D
    miss m is gonna love ridin with ya :D

9. smitty

smitty Guest

With the brake shoes rubbing on the tire, I would be more concerned about the tire than the shoes.

10. spunout

spunout Member

excellent point, smitty.;) didnt even occur to me.:-x

11. Alan

Alan Member

:lol::lol::lol:

very nice.

12. spunout

spunout Member

PHEW!:puke: all done:p This was a 10minute here, 10minute there-thing.
    I went with a 39tooth sprocket. My guess WAS right, that that would be the right combo for torque and decent speed. Less pedaling, and she doesnt really need to be burning up tucson at 38+mph :rolleyes:. No vibration, or other 'funky' stuff. I DID end up using 3 spacers for chain to clear the tire.
    Still have to notch rear fender and slap it back on.
    Each time i look at it, the same thing comes to mind...that bike NEEDS a full-sized cycle tank :evil::evil:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  13. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

So what does Miss Megan think of it?

14. Barret

Barret Guest

Nice job!!! I love the handle bars and flames on the seat.... Now I gotta clean out my garage so I can get started on my bike!

15. spunout

spunout Member

thanks, guys.:cool:
    she really likes it. "my bike's cooler than yours" is something i hear daily. :rolleyes:
    trying to teach someone, who cant drive manual tranny, the clutch/gas/brake combo deal is frustrating:-/. but she IS learning, and gets better each time.:)

16. graucho

graucho Active Member

The bike is great! That rear tire is Boss! Have fun Megan!