Clutch Missing Pin?

BikeProblems

Local time
9:21 PM
Hey there,

Does anyone know where you can buy/ or how to make the pin that goes in the clutch to stop it from falling out. I recently lost mine so my clutch is trying to jump out when i am riding.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Misisng pin..jpg
    Misisng pin..jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Thanks for the information,

i think i fixed it by taking a pop rivet and grinding it down so that it fits snug in the hole. Do i need to JB weld it for the future so that it doesn't come out again or was that just what you did.

Thanks.

for once, i can see a use for j.b. weld here.
I would j.b. weld the pin in place to keep it from falling out.
since there really isn't a load on it, j.b. weld will hold it in the hole fine, and keep it from falling out.
Some pop rivits are made of aluminum tho, not sure how long it will last. (if you have an aluminum one that is)
if you do j.b. weld it in the hole, make sure to clean the hole and the pin VERY good, or the j.b. weld won't stick.
I would reccomend j.b. welding it in the hole just to keep it from falling out later on.

i totally smashed the lil pinhole and sorta never got round to fixing it.

then again, why the $%^$ i havent just pulled a cover from another engine beats me...laziness? and i like my customised clutch lever thingy that doesnt seem to even neeed the pin.... two reasons there!

everyone says jb here. i wouldnt even pee on the stuff but yeah...agreed.

i have a feeling i tried a pop rivet once and it jammed it up and didnt really work as planned... i forget things when they dont work...

same thing happened to my brother. we got a screw and nut from my RC tool box. We took the clutch cover off. drilled a hole through the cover where the pin would go and put the screw through the hole. screwed the nut on the outside of the cover. the screw we used was tapered so it wouldn't interfere with anything, on the outside all you see is a little nut, yeah it's black

Back