Mits TLE43 troubles

jg767

Local time
6:24 PM
I need some help with mty TLE43, I get plenty of fuel but I think I have a weak coil. I have a hard time seeing the spark when I ground it to the cylinder head but I can still get a shock when I touch it. The only time I can get it running is when I remove the carb and start it when it's flooded. Then it will run strong until it dries up. `If I have a bad coil it's gonna cost 85 dollars and the carb is 120 dollars. I'm thinking of buying a TLE33 at Viza for 165 bucks. Any ideas?

You can get a replacement walbro carb for a LOT less than $120. As I recall, about half that. (It's identical, as far as I can see, to the original.)

Last edited:
I have a spare carb AND coil you can have.

Your replacement cost was $85 plus $120?

I'll pay shipping and you give $5 to the next homeless woman you see.

I have a spare carb AND coil you can have.

Your replacement cost was $85 plus $120?

I'll pay shipping and you give $5 to the next homeless woman you see.

5-7HEAVEN, that is an awesome offer! I really appreciate your help. I'll send you my mailing address in aprivate message. The TLE-33 carb is 45 dollars but it looks like it's totally different from the TLE-43. The TLE-43 carb is listed in Vizamotors for 120 dollars, so you would be better off buying a complete motor than parts at those prices!

5-7 that is so awesome of you.
I just found this site prolly 6-7 weeks ago, but I'm amazed at the camaraderie I see on here. I asked a question about TLE's this morning, and by the time I logged back in Loquin had already gone and physically measured some of his own equipment just to answer my question. I used to be into RC cars, and we had clubs, but everyone would just use the club to try and unload their junk equipment on noobs. You guys actually look out for each other, that's pretty cool.

In closing, I was just wondering if anyone had a spare corvette they could send me....I already have the keychain...

Back