Mitsubishi TLE 33 or 43 questions

s_beaudry

Local time
7:01 AM
I know it will all depend on weight and conditions...

But who hear has a friction setup with either one of these engines, and what is your real world MPG with the engine??

Also, is there a noticeable power and or noise difference between the 33cc and the 43cc engine?

Thanks...

Dunno about the Mitsu mpg on the friction, but on the noise, a 33 is "quieter" (engine behind you anyway, and I'm talking Tanaka.)

And on the belt system, no diff on the speed.

33cc mileage is definitely better, by at least 25% imho.

I have a 43, great engine, haven't checked mileage, it uses so little it's not an issue. What is an issue is POWER, bigger is better. My wife has the 43 now because I got a GP460.

Heh, just got back from a morning ride with a Mits 43 on a FD. Zippy.

I have no idea how it compares with the TLE33 but I can offer my 2 cents comparing it to my other engines which are Robin 35s. The Mits43 has more pep in the top end but the Robin has more torque and pull at low end.

I've seen where some have the opinion the Mits and Robin have about the same exhaust note but not for me. The Robin is quieter. They're my favorite engine but the Mits43 is a close second.

Mileage? Good, very good.

I have the TLE43 staton friction drive. The last time I checked, it was 140 mpg. It's not loud, but, the sound IS a little more annoying than a 4-stroke. (more 'pop' in the exhaust than a valved 4-stroke.)

Last edited:
I have TWO TLE43 engines on "The Dragon Lady". Gas mileage is about 60mpg.

FWIW, mopeds are MUCH louder than Mitsubishi engines. That being said, I'm not worried about running my MB. It's pretty quiet with expansion chambers.

And, there is one place that I'm aware of that still has new TLE43's...

In this thread, scroll down to Post #15. Note the issue our the obscenity filter (the last 3 letters of mitsubishi and the 1st letter of TLE43.) All of his other engines are clones, but this one (per the photo) is the genuine article...)
4207lg.jpg

Last edited:
And, there is one place that I'm aware of that still has new TLE43's...

In this thread, scroll down to Post #15. Note the issue our the obscenity filter (the last 3 letters of mitsubishi and the 1st letter of TLE43.) All of his other engines are clones, but this one (per the photo) is the genuine article...)

Hey Lou, actually those are long gone. I talked to Glen the owner at MeFast recently and he said that page was 5 years old, just never took it down.

Back