Mix ratio

rnc39560

Local time
6:53 AM
Ok, so I've ran 2 tanks through my new engine. Seems to be doing ok after a LOT of tinkering with needle, carb, and throttle cables. Had shakes for a bit, but cured most of it. So what would the post break in mix ratio be now? I'm reading everything from 16:1 to 35:1!! I'm at sea level if that matters.

32:1 is a good ratio for engines with stock rings. you only really need 40:1 for longevity but in an engine with as much blowby as you get out of the stock rings it's always better to run a little bit extra to help keep it sealed right.

32:1 is a good ratio for engines with stock rings. you only really need 40:1 for longevity but in an engine with as much blowby as you get out of the stock rings it's always better to run a little bit extra to help keep it sealed right.

Thanks for the fast response. I'm a complete noob on bikes, familiar with car engines, not so much 2-strokes. I appreciate the info.

Back