MN former mopeder

chrispederson

Local time
12:15 AM
Hello everyone. I've owned mopeds in the past, but as I live in an apartment, they get stolen a lot. I had two stolen, and then I kicked my moped addiction.

So I want a motorized bicycle, either electric, 2 stroke or 4 stroke. For simplicity, I'm leaning towards a 2 stroke, and for more simplicity, a friction drive. Just a little something to make a 30 mile round trip to work a bit more doable.

I don't want to leave it outside my apartment building, so something lightweight is good.

I'm leaning towards Mitsubishi's 33cc friction drive kit, perhaps here:

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3316

If I go friction drive, am I entering a world of pain?

welcome to the site that can answer that question. I'm not the person that can answer it, but I'm sure someone can at least point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the site! Sorry about your 'peds getting stolen--are you in the Twin Cities?

As far as friction drives go, I've never owned one; however, I know a lot of guys on this site do, and I'm sure they'd be happy to let you know about theirs. Also, there is a wealth of information on this site already if you just do a search for "friction drives" or visit the right forum topic. Good luck with your build! :cool:

and that's a good quote, from Zen and the etc.

I am in the Twin Cities. I don't know if I'd want to moped out in the country, hours from home.

Back