Mobile Users...any tips for a noob?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by augidog, May 19, 2010.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

Pantech "Link"
    AT&T wireless

posting is hit & miss...when submitting, sometimes i get a "loading" message sometimes a blank screen...i just lost an hours' work...if there is a method for saving and retrying i'm all ears.

2. will_start

will_start Member

hey Augi,

Well done on the trip.
    I don't have an answer to this exact phone.
    But if you maybe edit in something thats not online.
    Like the notepad editor. Save it along the way as writing.
    Then when ready, edit select all from notepad,
    then copy and paste it into the browser.

Your browser session is probably going offline, but leaving
    your text session open. So when you submit you loose the content,
    as it bugs out.

best of luck all round.
  3. augidog

augidog Banned

hi Will'...thanks for the input.

perhaps it IS as simple as a time-out...shorter daily updates would solve that i guess, i hope so because i don't have any way to copy/paste.
  4. spunout

spunout Member

my only tip for mobile is this:
    get rid of it. period.
    i spent $60/mo. for unlimited ph, texts, pic mail, internet, etc. for years.
    i got rid of my cell and am so much happier.
  5. augidog

augidog Banned

hi Happy...i surely expected at least one "get rid of it" tip...i HATE messaging & texting, since it costs me receive regardless of whether i wanted it or not.

BUT i have a basic phone plan with a reasonably-priced web far i'm digging it, i use netzero & MBc, GPS, & Yellowpages...and nothing else...well, i do talk on the phone once in a while too.
  6. will_start

will_start Member

I wrote a big response and lost it. grr

Try writing in email, it may be able to store
    text to drafts.
    Copy and paste to browser, there must be a way !!
    I found the device navigation manual for phone.
    Trying to see a way to copy and paste from there. Not finding it myself.
    Maybe someone else can see it.

Device details.

PDF link. Pantech Link (P7040) <= Do you have this model Augi ??

Augi: Don't open the below its a PDF at 3.4Meg. Unless you think your
    phone can do it.
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  7. augidog

augidog Banned

i have the hard copy, will, thanks tho...and yer correct i wouldn't be able to open it anyway. what i've been doing is posting halfway then editing in more to avoid far so good.
  8. will_start

will_start Member

Bit like using word or emails/postings, I always save to keep the good works,
    That is your best solution then.

My "old mobile" of 18 months ago, has copy and paste. So I'm surprised your new one doesn't.

Well done on the trip. I'll check your update at some point...
  9. happycheapskate

happycheapskate Active Member

You should be able to buy a super awesome deluxe desktop computer, a Mac, even, for $60/mo.
  10. augidog

augidog Banned

well shoot...guess i shoulda built my trailer around the generator huh?
  11. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Augi, I have recently been issued a netbook for work. It has verizon internet access. (Though most nonwork related websites are blocked by my company:()I love it and If I ever attempted what you are doing I would get one.
    Not telling you to get rid of what you got...if it works then great! But I am impressed with that little netbook.
  12. augidog

augidog Banned

the buy-in, and service required, for the netbook (which i would really like to have) was beyond reach...this phone was part of a free upgrade, and therefore doable...i'm making the best out of what i have to work with, it'll do.
  13. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

And that is what makes your trip so appealing to me....even in this area you improvise adapt and overcome....are you sure you were not in the Army?
    Off topic sentiment: As a fellow vet the up coming holiday is not really celebratory, I hope that all take a moment to remember the ones who gave all so that others could enjoy the freedoms we have.