Mobile Web and MBc

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by lsoult, May 10, 2011.

1. lsoult

lsoult Member

Hi guys-
    Proud father of a recenly created 80 cc baby boy here. I can't stay away from my garage... but when I'm not tightening bolts or looking at my bike scheming up ways to improve/better maintain, Im fulfilling my obligations as a father/husband/employee. Little do the people in my life know: when it looks like I'm reading emails or reviewing blueprints on my android phone im actually on this site feeding my addiction.

That's right.... all you advisors and photo uploaders are my enablers. Thanks for giving a little escape from real life in the palm of my hand.

With that said: I can't search the forum with my device. I try, but when I click on the search box it just sort of disappears. Any android users found a way around this?
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

2. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

I believe it is a flash problem, are you on froyo 2.2?

If so, they have flash enabled browsers in the market for free... mine works!
  3. lsoult

lsoult Member

Yes 2.2 was stock (Droid X). Right now I'm using Dolphin Browser HD. Which one are you running?
  4. ktjensen

ktjensen New Member

I would like to know want is a good reader tool for IPHONE users. Not sure if I can do this sans browser, or requires a browser.
  5. lsoult

lsoult Member

Idk... good luck with that one....
  6. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Actually running a cyanogen modded droid, which may be how it works!

I would suggest just trying different browsers in the market before you would even consider a mod as it is do or die on a cell phone
  7. lsoult

lsoult Member

Yeah man. I don't mess around when it comes to my phone. All that rooting stuff is just a potential for me to really screw up. I know my limits for sure.
  8. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Would you believe I went to use it tonight and now it does what yours does???

Same issue here now
  9. lsoult

lsoult Member

You should learn to "knock on wood".... LOL!!
  10. loquin

loquin Active Member

I know on my Kindle, it won't let you open a second window. So any links that are configured to open as new window or new tab will error.

I'll try searching with it tonight to see if it will work on the kindle.
  11. sparky

sparky Active Member

Hmm.... I am considering the Samsung Replenish for Sprint. It's got Android, and it actually has a battery cover attachment that's solar powered!! $50 extra for that, but that'd be pretty sweet to me, and the keyboard is actually pretty dern good. 3 hours of sunlight equals 1 hour of talk time.

I like the idea a lot. If every phone manufacturer followed thru with such an attachment, then we all could maybe have solar powered homes in under a decade! ;)

But yea... with stories like these, I think I'd rather stick with webOS because there's really none of these minor annoyances. Original Pre overclocked to 1 ghz is really not all that bad. Not a whole lot of complaints, really, besides it's not the latest and greatest, and doesn't have a compass or autofocus camera... but the browser is superb, especially with certain patches that turn your space/period keys into page up/down keys. The Replenish actually uses the [shift +] space key for page up/down, tho... so no patching necessary for that.

Oh... decisions, decisions...
  12. lsoult

lsoult Member

Looks like a sweet phone. I like a bigger screen though. My eyes start blurring after 4pm.
    I like the idea of having a solar charger built in. Especially for when I'm out riding my MB.
  13. sparky

sparky Active Member

Get a handlebar mount for your phone, and then you actually have a legitimate reason for getting a solar-powered phone.

Cagers lose again!
  14. lsoult

lsoult Member

I was thinking about a bungee mount on my cargo/toolbox because the handle bars are gettin crowded from my throttle/brakes/clutch/shift.
  15. loquin

loquin Active Member

FYI - Search works fine with the Kindle... Not the greatest browser in the world,but workable.
  16. MikeOne269

MikeOne269 New Member

I use the Tapatalk app to view some other forums on my iPhone.
    I searched for Motoredbikes but it's not supported yet.
    Perhaps Tom could get it set up on there for us. Please.
  17. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Launce, Yes, I can so relate with ya. Uno, I'm scared to say anything, but this little 66cc is running great. Uno, I really think the best thing I've done is using synthetic oil. Anyway, I'll knock on wood!!!!!!!!!!~
  18. Dirt Nerd

Dirt Nerd Member

I would love it if the forum was supported in tapatalk - the app I use on my iPhone for schwinn forums and the Cabe. Sounds like this forum would just need to open up its API to tapatalk.
  19. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Sure, I should be able to integrate tapatalk pretty easily. For now though you can select the "default mobile style" from the bottom left of the forum if that helps.