Modder here!This fourm!This going to help my build alot

When I was testing I preferred the power of an intake extension on a piston port intake over a reed valve w/o expansion chamber.

That may be the case but the intake extension would do nothing to reduce the noise coming from the intake tract.
The reed valve intake does not only one, but two things: it improves low and midrange torque and noticeably decreases intake noise, making the engine sound more civilised and simply more pleasant to ride.

That is true about the intake noise but a good custom filter box can reduce that. I can't say with all certainty that an intake extension is always better than a reed valve for low rpm grunt but with my bike that was the case.

I looked over your mod link Jag,for a good hour last night.So much good stuff!
I'm worried though I raised my needle 1 notch from stock so I can just try to idle it down and hope for the best,Probably going to run way to rich until I get the chamber and better carburetor my new pull starter is coming in the mail today..Im going for the expansion chamber first then the reed valve so I can try something better then this stock carburetor.

P.S. Jaguar..Your the man!:bowdown: I hope to get a part of your knowledge on these engines as fast as possible I love them and its on my bmx mountain bike with the jack-shaft kit makes it so much cooler..Last question-Were can I get the NGK besides the net,Would auto zone carry it?I live out in the country its never good to waste the gas going into city to find they don't have it:cry:

Carb adjustments

So is this about the best way to go? Besides also having a reed intake from JNMotors
You were saying the stock carburetor is suck a pain to adjust is this one the best route?
I'm sure I can find it on the forum somewhere,but why not be a real nOOb if im going to be one:devilish:

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!Yld1BRMkLZGRQQ~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!Yld1BRMkLZGRQQ~~60_12.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Back