"Moddy Classes" and forming a team

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by quay1962, Mar 19, 2008.

1. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

I am wondering how many people wanna come to a moderator class in say a week from today around 12:30 pacific time...we would go to a chat site and go from there ok? It's better to post here than pm's so i can track it as well as anyone else for that matter...I already have 1 person who pm'd me anyone else interested in part-time helping...? we all realize that there is a life outside of here.
    i wrote this CHECK it out and if interested, read my post it's #49, come back here post your interest, and we'll see how many we accumilate by monday nite... ok?
    WHATA YA THINK?:grin::cool::rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2008

2. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Count me in! at college so have a bit of spare time, good with computers, photography, design, engineering. Just putting the finishing touches to a Motored Biking guide for the Happy time engine as well
  3. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

see how awsome is that...thanks to everyone who wants to donate a few hours a day...this will suvive!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2008
  4. I moderate on a small scale at another forum so I'm here if you need me. I'm hoping for several mods so we too will not crash and burn.
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

I posted already in the structures thread, my willingness to help/mentor any people that need assistance
    I could give advice and teach tricks by pm
    I just need to have a life, and not do so many hours
  6. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

yes you have done much

Hi, that would be most helpful...please enjoy the ride and once we get this going if we get stuck you can be our senior advisor k...good luck azbill we want you around for a long time...:smile:
  7. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

I have never moderated anything before, but this site has saved me so many hours of figuring things out, i would be happy to put some in, in any capacity.
  8. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Count me in, but I can't make the class, I'll be at work.
    PM me with any way to make up the missed lesson.
  9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Though only a newbie here, I moderate several forums on Yahoo (including the motorized bike "motocycle" forum). I haven't a whole lot of time, but I'd be willing to help out if needed. Like Abeagle, I will be at work during the session, so I won't be able to participate in that.
  10. Tom

Tom Active Member

I am in. Lets do something through a private thread rather than a chat room since some people won't be available. I will get all volunteers who express interest in this thread set up with permissions by the end of the week.

Thanks for coming together guys.
  11. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

right on ok so we wait for you to tell us where and when we go for class...i was thinking if we did after 5:00pm pacific most folks would be home at night so lets say we do it at night? I cant sat or sun and late monday as i get home by 8:00...all the rest are open...

way to go!!!!!:grin:
  12. drimpact

drimpact Member

Count me in also
  13. KanesKustoms

KanesKustoms Member

I have Zero experience at this sort of thing but if there is something I can do to help
    I will try. I work a full time job and Im on the road alot but there are times when Im home for a few days at a time. I would need some coaching
  14. loquin

loquin Active Member

I can help out as well. I'm an admin at a programming site, and moderate at a database site, so, I should be able to help with the nuts and bolts of the moderating process with vBulletin also.
  15. BSA

BSA Guest

I'd be very happy to help out. Count me in.
    I'll be away until sataurday, i'll be happy to start then.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2008
  16. Tom

Tom Active Member

Great! I think we are going to need all the help that we can get.
  17. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

i think 100 to 1500 members is good...the more the merrier because we can't let happen what did happen, major burnout everyone loves it here and likes it for the most part, and gladly can spare sometime, not all the time...i am so pleased!:grin::smile::cool::eek:
    PS was never a cheerleader but it seems to be working...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2008
  18. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Count me in too. My schedule fluctuates, so I can't be full time, but I am willing to help. Sides, I could use the computer experience.

RATRODER Guest

well I'm a computer mental midget but would try like ****. louis
  20. kerf

kerf Guest

In watching this situation unfold, this group has gone from shock to emotion and now to logic. It took a couple of days and some venting but most seem ready to move on and fill the voids in the organization. Like I've said before, this is just normal business, it happens from time to time. When it does, some get their feelings hurt and decide not to survive but most just carry on and do what is necessary to move the organization forward. Good work guy's.