model H rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quenton you are the man! I cannot thank you enough for all the work you have done and for all that I have learned about Whizzers. I hope that light weight piston will fit, that would be awesome!

Thanks again, 48 RDMSTR

Your gonna Love the feel of that combustion chamber 48 RDMSTR!!
I did mine a few years back (WC-1)
Good choice Quenton!

Ray

Attachments

• DSCN2580.jpg
    DSCN2580.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCN2581.jpg
    DSCN2581.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN2586.jpg
    DSCN2586.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 420
OK it is official! I will be installing the special piston in 48 RDMSTR's cylinder. Here are pictures of the Rare and special Whizzer piston. This special piston was produced by the vintage Whizzer company in the late 1940s and looks very similar to modern day racing piston.

MVC-663F.jpgMVC-665F.jpgMVC-668F.jpg

Have fun,

Yes!!! That is too cool. Can you tell me anything else about the piston? What is the bore? What model Whizzers came with these?

Thanks 48RDMSTR

Hi,
The piston was offered as a replacement part and never installed in production motors. The piston is .005" O.S. This piston is VERY rare and much sought after because of the radical design. You may find a similar design in the Chevy 327 Corvette fuel injection motors yeilding 375 HP in the early 1960's.

Have fun,

Thought I post a web site that has this piston if anyone is interested.http://whizzerworks.tripod.com

go to whizzer parts and memorabilia, then click hear to go to featured items page, scroll down half ways you'll see the piston.

Ray

Last edited:
I don't think Mike has that piston for sale anymore. He just hasn't upgraded his web site for several years. I tried to buy vintage pistons from Mike at Portland in July, and all he had were the new edition pistons modified to fit the vintage motors.

The piston going in this rebuild [upgrade] was from Kenny Thomas's private collection and I picked it up at Portland this year.

Just a little history, as Kenny is one of the leading Whizzer historians.

Have fun,

Thanks agian Quenton, any word on the status of the crankshaft?

The only delay in finishing your motor is due to a broken gear in my mill as I need it to install the larger intake valve.

Put new gears in mill a few days ago and hope to do cylinder work very soon. The crankshaft should be fine once it is straightened, and I have replacement needle bearings & pin in stock if needed.

Have fun,

I am so excited to hear that this project is almost done! How should I go about paying you? Do you have a paypal account, or should I send a check in the mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back