Modern Boardtracker - 1st Build

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by spitball, Jan 5, 2009.

1. spitball

spitball New Member

Hello all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while, finally got inspired by all of the great work on this site to attempt my first build. The plan was to build my modern interpretation of a boardtracker, almost as if what I thought the guys would be building if they were still racing them today. I still have a lot of work to do before its under power but have been rolling around on it in the shop, can't wait for the motor noises to be "real" haha!! Well anyways here it is, hope you enjoy... Some specs: custom frame & tank, raw 80 cc, king top hat adapter & 34t sprocket...... Need to fab mount for rear disc caliper & install petcock in tank after that I'll be pretty close to assembling for a test run. I plan to ride it as is for a while & trouble shoot before I paint in a retro theme.

Attached Files:

2. seca40

seca40 New Member

I'm stunned. I need to regroup before I can comment further.

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

AWESOME!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4. Very imaginative. Massive props to you. You definitely made sure there would be room for the motor... you could fit a V-twin in there. That thing has fast and fun written all over it.

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

nice -- very nice looking custom motor bike

when you are up and riding -- many will be a looking

at that MB THING !!!

6. seca40

seca40 New Member

7. spitball

spitball New Member

keepnon...v-twin mmmmmm...now that's an idea :idea:.... just kidding i kinda like my little 80cc monster haha! thanks all for the kind words.....

8. seca40

seca40 New Member

9. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Spitball that thing looks fantastic!
    I can't wait to see it complete and with paint! Great job so far, it's incredibly unique.

10. h0tr0d

h0tr0d Member

Very Bad ***!

11. bully

bully New Member

schweet!

12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Beautiful build. Very excellent.
    I have a set of those Noleen forks on my K2. Don't know if it is, or may be, a prob for you, but on the K2 they were a little "twitchy" at speed. I disassembled and reversed them so the axle bolt is in front of the forks. That calmed it down nicely.

13. very cool, can't wait to see the finished product.

14. butch27

butch27 Guest

15. mikem

mikem Member

Work of Art

Beautiful metal sculpture!
    :2thumbsup:

16. ltrbrooks

ltrbrooks New Member

That...

...IS...

...Fantastic

17. Now that's what I call elegant...
    (I give up...)

O.S.M.

18. ok i need to know a few things.

what are those rims called? and have you gotten the rear disk brake to work with a chain?

19. spitball

spitball New Member

Not sure what the wheels are called but here is a link to ebay where i bought them from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-No-Spoke...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Or you could just go to the cycling section & do a search for "no spoke", this is how they are listed.

Don't remember paying that much for shipping though, they are available in several different colors & speeds.

Still working on the rear disc, fabbed up a caliper mount this weekend but haven't "commited" to welding it on the frame yet. It seems to work but I guess I'm holding off just in case I come up with a better solution. I will post some pics once I get it all sorted out. Been busy at the office lately & progress has slowed a bit. Hope this info helps.....

20. brendonv

brendonv Member

dang! Thats one nice bike. You should be very very very very very very very very proud of your work of art. Can wait to see it all done and u riding it. XD