Modern Boardtracker - 1st Build

Hello all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while, finally got inspired by all of the great work on this site to attempt my first build. The plan was to build my modern interpretation of a boardtracker, almost as if what I thought the guys would be building if they were still racing them today. I still have a lot of work to do before its under power but have been rolling around on it in the shop, can't wait for the motor noises to be "real" haha!! Well anyways here it is, hope you enjoy... Some specs: custom frame & tank, raw 80 cc, king top hat adapter & 34t sprocket...... Need to fab mount for rear disc caliper & install petcock in tank after that I'll be pretty close to assembling for a test run. I plan to ride it as is for a while & trouble shoot before I paint in a retro theme.

Attachments

• Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 29,030
  • Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12,791
  • Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 5,609
  • Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,624
  • Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3,750
  • Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3,936
Anyone know where to get a good expansion chamber? I have been trying to contact a few vendors for about a week with no luck.

Any shop thats sells pockett bikes have them in OZ they are ~55 bucks.

Online...i came across this site they have VERY nice pipes but lil pricey...i plan on buying one of there 10hp 47cc motors in the not to dstant future to instal in my trike :)

Best of luck...OH eBay is also worth a look

some nice stuff on that link bro!

Any shop thats sells pockett bikes have them in OZ they are ~55 bucks.

Online...i came across this site they have VERY nice pipes but lil pricey...i plan on buying one of there 10hp 47cc motors in the not to dstant future to instal in my trike :)

Best of luck...OH eBay is also worth a look

Nice link that 10hp motor looks nice man. Which exhaust on there would be best for my 80cc motor.

Update

Thanks for checking in AussieJester. It's Mardi Gras Season over here in the South, so I've been busy attending (& hosting parties) during Mardi Gras Parades, our last parade (which we participate in) is next weekend, so I'll be back on it after that. I have however made some minimal progress since I've posted last, I have fabbed up a disc caliper mount and used some tank sealer on the inside on the tank. Now it's time to get some final assembly going so I can fire her up. As mentioned previously I intend on riding around unpainted so I can trouble shoot & improve things without having to touch up any paint. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I have her rolling.

Thanks for checking in AussieJester.

Not a hard thing to manage buddy, the bike is a masterpiece and i think i would be nearly as keen as you to see this finished, the only other motoredbicycle i have seen that IMO comes up to your build is my mates
custome built cruiser (no offence meant to any others members rides just a personal preference of bikes)but it is a different style to yours, yours looks like its going 100mph when its parked LoL...

As mentioned previously I intend on riding around unpainted so I can trouble shoot & improve things without having to touch up any paint. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I have her rolling.

HAHAHA thzts what i said...my trike still sits unpainted 3 monthds later, once they are running its bloody hard to tear them down for prep/paint i give u the tip LOL

Look forward to next installment....have a drink for me at Mardi Gras :p

Humdinger!!!

You are a credit to this Forum and it is just such a lovely design. The detail is so gorgeous like how the top tube circles the tank cap - just so finickity beautiful. Ducati should specially design a small V twin to go in it!
I love the tyres, the wheels, the rear disc, the seat stay and the chain stays.
It deserves a gong from the best 3D design awards. The most original design I've yet seen for a motored bicycle. Have you thought of a Moto Morini engine for it?

wow

Great start ever consider a whizzer motor instead whats mounted in your frame?
not picking on you just asking??
awsome work!!!! top tube reminds of my urban bmx frame build up

olddude

Last edited:
Back