Modern Boardtracker - 1st Build

Hello all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while, finally got inspired by all of the great work on this site to attempt my first build. The plan was to build my modern interpretation of a boardtracker, almost as if what I thought the guys would be building if they were still racing them today. I still have a lot of work to do before its under power but have been rolling around on it in the shop, can't wait for the motor noises to be "real" haha!! Well anyways here it is, hope you enjoy... Some specs: custom frame & tank, raw 80 cc, king top hat adapter & 34t sprocket...... Need to fab mount for rear disc caliper & install petcock in tank after that I'll be pretty close to assembling for a test run. I plan to ride it as is for a while & trouble shoot before I paint in a retro theme.

Attachments

• Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 29,024
  • Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12,787
  • Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 5,607
  • Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,624
  • Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3,748
  • Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3,935
Great start ever consider a whizzer motor instead whats mounted in your frame?
not picking on you just asking??
awsome work!!!! top tube reminds of my urban bmx frame build up

olddude

The Whizzer looks better than the HT but it's a slow engine - more of a workhorse than a greyhound. Something Italian I reckon.

guys, all this talk is torture!!!!! haha!! i can't wait to get this weekend over so i can get back to my project! man i can almost see my next project with all the inspiration you guys are giving me! keep posted for completed (although unpainted) ride soon..........

guys, all this talk is torture!!!!! haha!! i can't wait to get this weekend over so i can get back to my project! man i can almost see my next project with all the inspiration you guys are giving me! keep posted for completed (although unpainted) ride soon..........

Without rear suspension I reckon she'll fishtail at about Mach 2.8! I've amended your photograph of the fuel tank cap.:devilish:

Attachments

• Spitball1.jpg
    Spitball1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 896
  • Spitball1a.jpg
    Spitball1a.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 955
Last edited by a moderator:
wish i saw this build before starting my stretched cruiser!!

I WANNA BUILD ONE!!!!

well it can be my nex project, PROPS to you!!

cheers

D

Looking at your bike Spitball it's too good for a chinese HT motor. Have you thought about a Franco Morini (there are details of them on this forum & pictures of at least one in a chopper bike) or another engine you might consider is the Japanese Tecumseh which can be really well sooped up. See attached pics and drawings.

Attachments

• 042379.JPG
    042379.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,120
  • foto4.gif
    foto4.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 925
  • Franco Morini Motor 50cc.pdf
    255.6 KB · Views: 372
motorcycle

Graucho

Do you own the bike in your avatar? very nice i'v seen it in mags I'm building a custom bike rolling thunder frame 127'' motor hard tail

I LIKE IT !!! And I want it one !!!

The truth, I like much your SpitBall work.

Simply impressive.

Not only it is pretty bicycle, but racing is decidedly either and or very streamlined. aside reason why I see, in its design is very vanguardist.

Congratulations by your work. :helmet:

AJ,

Sorry, but it's been slow going over here in LA! Been busy at the job, I am hoping to get some time next weekend to work on the project. I'll post some pics as soon as she's rolling.

By the way, love the trike! Looks like a ton of fun!!

Back