Exhaust Modify exaust pipe...

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Keepthedrivetommy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. hey again all,
    I am trying to pull the exaust pipe apart so I can drill some holes in the inner tube thing, DAX says that it gives you more HP. Problem is that I cant get the pipe apart, its so mashed together. Is there any special tool or way I can use to pull it apart without breaking the exaust, or bending it too much. thanks again to everyone

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

what I have done is to remove the screw and ride it a bit, the backpressure and oil will loosen it and push it out enough to remove
    it took a while for mine to push itself out
  3. if it falls off while I'm riding it, is that bad?
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

it will be noisy and you will notice it immediately :shock:
    you will want to wait till it cools to pick it up :lol:
  5. just tried that and i rode it for 30 minutes and nothing was happening. How long of a ride are we talking here?
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

mine was a couple of days, but it depends on the pipe itself, azvinnie's came right apart :shock:
  7. davidsis

davidsis Guest

I just got vice grips and grabed that little nipple with it then taped the vice grips with a hammer. That rideing it with no nut sounds kind of dangerous. I cut a little hole in my exaust. I used a hack saw though. I cut it enough to make a hole. It was maybe a little louder and maybe a little more power. I have to kind of keep the bike on the DL though because I am the president of my neighborhood.
  8. hey, even the president hsa to have a little fun...Bill Clinton?
  9. fairracing31

fairracing31 Guest

You guys do know that if you lose too much back pressure on a 2- stroke, you will gain RPM but lose horsepower. I'm not saying you are doing that but keep it in mind.